Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

Odd question for you???

Who here on Doomworld has a cat? My cat croaked a few years back but I plan on getting another one, plus my daughter really wants one! So who here has a cool cat, BTW who has the fattest cat? Pic's would be cool to if you have them!

Nikki

Note all the crap in the picture is on the photo and not on that chair :P Also my sister took the picture and didn't know how to use cameras properly apparently, which is why my cat's cut half-way out of the pic. That was a long time ago, but she still looks pretty much the same. She's 15 years old now, which is getting up there for a cat :P

She is a half-calico half-tabby (sometimes called a torbie). She has the calico blotch pattern but with stripes running through it (as the stripes cross her blotches, they shift colors). Calicos are interesting since they can only normally be female. Males of that coat type must have aberrant sex chromosomes, such as XXY, making them exceptionally rare.

She is a mean-spirited cat, and will sass you if you scold her :P

I see people walking around my neighborhood carrying a plastic bag full of dog shit and say to myself, thats fucking sick especially when you see them have to pick the shit up with the plastic bag on their hand, heh, I would just hold the fucker under the dogs butt rather than grab it... Ewww!!! Dogs suck....

My cat.

Quasar said:

Calicos are interesting since they can only normally be female. Males of that coat type must have aberrant sex chromosomes, such as XXY, making them exceptionally rare.

Heh, mine's female. But yeah... apparently the extra chromosome pretty much guarantees they'll be sterile. Talk about freaks of nature...

Joe said:

Zomg, not only does that look like Zoe (see my first picture), he likes laptops, too.

Coopersville said:

I'm not a huge fan of cats as pets, just because they require so much attention while they're growing up, or they turn into assholes

I dunno, cat's are pretty easy. My wife and I got Zoe from the Humane Society, and she's an absolute angel.

I have a 13 year-old calico who functions more as a piece of furniture than a feline companion.

Actually the behavior of cats changes very little when they revert to the wild. This is because their behavior has changed very little since they were brought in from the wild.

Some people find cats an attractive pet precisely because of their wild nature, their independence, and their personality. People who like fiercely loyal, obedient animals will want a dog instead. Having a dog is a bit like having a kid. Having a cat is more like living with another adult.

A bit of a stretch, but the analogy works.

EDIT; I suppose I can add that I am not exactly partial towards any animal. I'm considering getting a cat, for the reason Quasar just mentioned. I wouldn't have to take care of it so much as I would with a dog. And with a dog, it would be harder for it to be locked up in an apartment. So unless I move out on the country. I'll never get a dog. But cats are also troublesome, as I will have to give it a litter box. And excrement smell. Cat piss in particular.

I've known many, many cats and none have ever attacked me "randomly", only when I provoke them. But I do have fun provoking them. :P Seriously, I don't know what is wrong with these people who say "all cats are evil and always attack me". They must seethe with antagonism or something

Anyway, my cats are horribly cute. Sadly, they're not really my cats (they're my mom's), so I don't live with them anymore, but here they are:

Trouble
http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Trouble01.jpg
http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Trouble02.jpg

Ninny
http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Ninny01.jpg
http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Ninny02.jpg

Trouble looks like a cat I once had, Cubby. He was around from before I was even born.

We had a tabby cat named Ralph.
Appropriately named, he threw up on the furniture a lot.
I remember when he drank out of the toilet, and how fascinating I thought that was - I'd thought only dogs did that. I wouldn't say that I was "fascinated" when he drank out of a toilet that hadn't been flushed.
I also remember when he thought the indentation in my beanbag chair would be just great to piss in. The chair was subsequently thrown out.
Beyond that, he was a pretty lazy bastard, save for the occasional bird slaughter. Which was great.
His kidneys screwed up somehow, and he had to be put down.

R.I.P.

DesertEagle said:
His kidneys screwed up somehow, and he had to be put down.

Heh, maybe drinking from the toilet had something to do with that.

Danarchy said:
I've known many, many cats and none have ever attacked me "randomly", only when I provoke them.

Once I was at my brother's just sitting by and talking, and his cat pounced on my leg, slashing and biting in a pretty nasty manner.

2 cats right now. One has been around as long as I can remember, and the other is a little ... wacko. I guess that living outside and being attacked for half you life isn't much of a character building experience. The odd thing is that she will only drink running water...
Our older cat died recently of cancer. He was very senile - to the point of molesting my arm. :/
Our other cat was a younger one, all black and she kept on taking off her collar. She went out one day, and sometime during that day, a series of loud gunshots went off, and we never saw her again.
:(

I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 parrots.

Abby (dog) and the recently deceased Brendan. Abby is my absolute favorite. She was found in a bad neighborhood when she was just a few weeks old with a rubber band around her neck that had become ingrained in her skin as she grew so that it had to be surgically removed. She's got a little bit of pit bull in her, so we think she was being trained to fight and either ran away or was left in the street. But she's got the sweetest disposition ever.

Laurel. She's like 16 years old, and only leaves our basement at night. Her name is derived from the fact that we found her at a retreat center in Laurelville, PA, in the foothills of the Appalachians.

Yeats. This cat is two years old I think, and he's absolutely insane.

Isabeau. Named after the protagonist in Lady Hawke. This bird completely hates me for some reason and whenever I'm home it goes out of its way to come after me and attack me.

Percival. Named after my grandfather. Much nicer to me than the other bird.

Don't have a picture of my other dog.

Yeah, that's exactly what he is. Supposedly they have one the highest capacities for vocabulary among the species of parrots, but so far he isn't really showing it. Although he has picked up on some interesting nuances, like whenever the phone rings he'll start saying "hello?" before anyone even picks it up.

5 days ago Laya, my Norwegian forest cat threw my laptop off the table.
He likes to fetch and carry things for me in the first years a mixture of birds, fish and waterplants from a nearby pond. He also fetched and carried one bat but that was for my other cat, poes. He also captured a tame canary by opening the birdcage of my my neighbours. Now he brings most of the time papers. I guess reading is eating for him. Apart for caring for me, he likes to run in a tree (gingko biloba) and jump from that tree to a rooftop. Poes likes that too but he doesn't get that high (max 7 meters). I really liked meow and Yeats.

I am getting another cat (my daughter is up my ass to get one so I said yes :P), heh, maybe when I'm really old (as in 70) (already going on 30 :P) I can also have my own cat mosh pit, but they would mosh to Gutted or Dying Fetus/death/black metal, maybe even Marduk or Dark Funeral!!! Not some bull shit...
I will be an old metal head one of these days, I hope the younger generation keeps extreme metal alive!
Back to the cat subject...
@ alexz Thats a rare spell cats can cast on people... :P It called, umm, oh yeah, allergies!!! AHHH!!! CHOOO!!!

Stealthy Ivan said:

I will be an old metal head one of these days, I hope the younger generation keeps extreme metal alive!

Amen to that my friend, I'm 16 currently and need to recruit some Metal Militia!

Leaving the Metallica references aside...

I have a cat called Paris who is a Grey Persian. He's 18 going on 19. So in cat years, he's like 126 or something stupid.

Being so old, he's got the cat's version of Alzheimer's disease. He will walk into the computer room when it's completely empty, and howl at the chair. He also gets up at random times in the night and howls at the walls. Finally, he will just howl non-stop for no apparent reason, even when we almost shove food in his face.

I used to have another cat, a Black Persian called Troy. Troy was a very healthy cat and seemed perfectly fine but just disappeared one day. We heard stories going around of pet nappers, who take people's pets and then sell them off to other people. We suspect a similiar thing has happened to Troy. Troy and Paris are (were?) twin brothers.

I used to have 2 fish, but I never really cared for them myself, so I gave them to my friend.

Finally, I have a dog... a Belgian Shepherd called Storm... with a Bionic Paw...
stormtaylor.com

'Nuf said.

EDIT: Oops oh yeah, if you go to the gallery... I'm Alex. Also, Paris is in the gallery as well asleep on the sofa.

BoldEnglishman said:

Finally, I have a dog... a Belgian Shepherd called Storm... with a Bionic Paw...
stormtaylor.com

'Nuf said.

wow. not thats amazing. beautiful dog BTW (yeah, I'm anti-cat :P) and I'm glad to see he's adjusting. so was that you in the CBC video walkin him?

Wow I was expecting more caterday references if I left this topic long enough without looking at it.

As for the question. I had once had a loving cat that battles leukemia for four years. That's half it's life