Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

Unreal Tournament III

is not a bad game so far from the demo

- runs good, looks good, doesn't need OMG SUPAR SYSTEM to run this well (lol @ nerdz blowing their money wads away desperately for upgrades). If you can run quake4 good, you can run ut3 great
- the atmosphere isn't 2003/4 sports retarded
- it is fun
- DARKWALKER

The Unreal series has always had flashy graphics and good weapons... but I haven't seen anything in this demo yet to draw me in.

I'm thinking of getting that Unreal pack that has Unreal, Unreal Tournament GOTY, Unreal Tournament 2k4, and Unreal 2. The only Unreal game I've actually played was UT, so I thinkit might prove interesting.

Aleaver said:

Ouch 741 MB..I feel sorry for 56k users who want to play this.. :|

Not too bad, given that the MoH:Airborne and Bioshock demos weigh in at over a Gigabyte a piece.

UT III = Crap for me... Will not run. I can get to the screen where you click start mission and then it either locks the computer or Windows comes back with one of those "this program has incountered and error and need's to shutdown" messages. I have updated all my hardware and what not. I checked the system requirements.

I have 3.0 GHz Processor. 800mhz FsB.
1 gig of sys memeory
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS OC 256meg <---thinking this maybe the problem I don't see why though.
Sb X-FI Xtreme
200 GB HD

It requires:

2.0ghz
512 meg sys memory
Nvidia 6800 and up (I can't remember this one exactly)
8 GB hd space

I am out of ideas why this won't run on my computer. Only error message I have recived was the one mentioned above.

Da Spadger said:

Aleaver: You might find a solution here. :>

Well it appears that I am not the only one with this sort of problem.

yeah it is a beta demo; as my comp freezes within minutes of gameplay; if they/I can fix it (hoping the official demo does, if not before), then I'm sold.
I'm diggin the graphics and fluidness of the art style, its everything I hoped it would be (and supposedly the demo limits to medium textures), and runs at very good framerates on my pc. I think its like Gears mixed with UT1. Definitely the game I want the most this year.

Looks amazing. Brings back a lot of memories with quake III, just more amped. Im getting it on console though, need more games for 360.

Looks great and runs amazingly well. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty fun game. I'll certainly pick it up when it comes out. It makes me kinda angry that BioShock runs so much worse than this game does.

Use3D said:

OOh, I don't know Dan, Unreal2 is pretty awful.

Seconded, beware this game... it will bore you in record time.

hardcore_gamer said:

HEY HEY HEY HEY WHAT? Will there be another Demo?

Think at this point Epic is working on the final version, then probably release a newer demo. That's how they did it for the other games.

I liked UT and Unreal alot.
Although Unreal 2 was good it felt like a game set in the Unreal universe rather than a sequal.
UT III seems like it is trying to be a sequal to Unreal and UT 2004 with its story mode.

Frankdude said:

I liked UT and Unreal alot.
Although Unreal 2 was good it felt like a game set in the Unreal universe rather than a sequal.
UT III seems like it is trying to be a sequal to Unreal and UT 2004 with its story mode.

What story mode? I don't want that. I just want a better version of the
the singe player tournament mode from 2004 back! It was fun to create and manage a team. :)