Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elstokavich

chaingun trick for multiplayer Doom 3!??!!

Hello everyone. I'm new on here, reason I mainly joined is because I am just wondering how all of these people in multiplayer for Doom 3 make the chaingun spin all the time. I see it all the time and I for the life of me cannot figure it out. I'm starting to think that its just a cheat, but I can't find a cheat for it. The gun even spins when they reload it. Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

they just click alot repeatedly before they find someone to shoot so they can keep the barrel rolling, that way the delay time is cut in half. People do it in a lot of games.

Thats not what they are doing. I have spectated some people and the gun is still spinning when the reload, plus you can't hear the clicks when the gun engages.

Yes, I've asked them but they aren't going to tell me. They told me that I'm seeing things as I spectate them or its an audio glitch when I tell them that I can hear it. I tell them that I can see the chaingun still spinning while they reload the gun and they say that I'm just seeing what I want to. Thats why I've come to the conclusion that its a cheat.

Just because the chaingun barrel is spinning in the player animation, doesn't mean that it's happening on their screen. The character animations don't sync up with what the player is actually doing 100%, and any extra audio (or both) are likely the result of lag.

elstokavich said:

Yes, I've asked them but they aren't going to tell me. They told me that I'm seeing things as I spectate them or its an audio glitch when I tell them that I can hear it. I tell them that I can see the chaingun still spinning while they reload the gun and they say that I'm just seeing what I want to. Thats why I've come to the conclusion that its a cheat.

Surely there's enough proof to conclude that.

kristus said:

That's a bug.

That was going to be my next guess.

Coopersville said:

The character animations don't sync up with what the player is actually doing 100%, and any extra audio (or both) are likely the result of lag.

if you're shooting and you hit reload instead of letting it auto-reload, the barrel spins for a moment after you start reloading, that combined with the lag is probably it.

kristus said:

That's a bug.

it also could be a bug, of course.