Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hawklord

Aim: 1-on-1 deathmatch in custom WADs over a wireless LAN

I can't believe this has never been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere. Apologies if I haven't looked hard enough.

Do I need something more than zdoom to be able to have fragfests with a friend over a wireless network?

In the olden days we'd run doom95 on Windows 98 and select "DOS Doom over Modem" and thus tie up our phone lines for an hour or 2!

Now we want some 21st century DMs and I can't figure how to do it.

TYIA

Download ZDL.

Make sure the WAD being loaded and the level/difficulty and host I.P. addresses on both your computers is identical... have the host computer hit launch first, then the other.

BoldEnglishman said:

Download ZDL...

Aaah, yes, so that was the missing link! Yay, thanx for that info.

All went well, and we were fragging away within a few minutes. We did a 3-hour test! One thing puzzled me: seeing the blood-splattered and weapon-splattered walls. That effect never used to happen.

Anyway, cheers for the prompt assist.

hawklord said:

One thing puzzled me: seeing the blood-splattered and weapon-splattered walls. That effect never used to happen.

It's a Zdoom effect. Cl_maxdecals [Number] choses how many decals can exist at once before the oldest ones disappear. 0 will of course disable decals completely.