Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrewj

Odamex Contest Results

The Odamex contest to create a 1-on-1 deathmatch level for the upcoming MAGFest tournament has finally been judged, and the winner is.... Hobomaster22! His map will be the main tournament map played at MAGFest, and he'll receive the Odamex T-shirt prize. The runners-ups are: 5hfifty, Andrew Apted, Alastair, Megalyth, and Memfis, and their maps will also be played at the tournament. The compiled wad is available for your fragging pleasure.

map04 sure is tutti frutti central

What's up with that crappy FF rip-off banner? ugh must be otaku central

feels like udm4-and-a-half

leileilol said:

Where? There was no problems in the ports I tested with (PrBoom 2.4.7 and EDGE 1.29).

I couldn't test with Odamex itself (0.3 with the single player mode was not out at the time) but I assumed that the multi-patch textures used as middle textures would work OK since Odamex is based on Boom.

Ajapted said:

I couldn't test with Odamex itself (0.3 with the single player mode was not out at the time) but I assumed that the multi-patch textures used as middle textures would work OK since Odamex is based on Boom.

Wait, what? It's based off csDoom, itself based off ZDoom 1.22, IIRC.

TheDarkArchon said:

Wait, what? It's based off csDoom, itself based off ZDoom 1.22, IIRC.

Then I fucked up then :(

Guess I'd better add "fix medusa" into their bug tracker...

Maps were submitted and judged as-is. For MAGFest we'll be ensuring all maps are corrected beforehand.

leileilol said:

What's up with that crappy FF rip-off banner? ugh must be otaku central

feels like udm4-and-a-half

map04 was clearly not tested in Odamex, which kind of disappoints me, because otherwise it's a pretty neat looking map. I don't know where you get your "udm4-and-a-half" from though, considering nobody from UD contributed to it.

(EDIT: Actually that's not entirely true. I assembled the resource WAD, which, if I recall correctly, consisted of a recolored MAGFEST wall, Nick Bakery's Useful Flats, and SKY2 from UDM3 (which didn't even make it into the final product).)

Also, lmao @ "otaku", you're the one with a rozen maiden avatar, desu.

kristus said:

That'd be Map03, not Map04.

And in Map02, there's this.

Is that in Odamex or outside of it? Becuase I'm fairly sure that's a ZDBSP bug.

I got the same thing as kristus when I ran the wad in Odamex. The only way to fix the tutti frutti in map03 would be to make a whole new texture, if I'm not mistaken?

My map's a disgrace. Although there are no excuses for it and I wish I'd never entered it, I did only start it on the morning of the dead-line. I'll be making and releasing a 6 map apology Odamex WAD with the same limitations that I'll submit to /newstuff.

kristus said:

That'd be Map03, not Map04.

That has actually happened to me before.
The problem with me was I was working off of another source port until I noticed the issue when playing off another source port.

kristus said:

That's weird. I tested in Boom, Odamex, and GZDoom and I didn't see anything like that.

I've noticed that error before while editing though. My guess is either Doom Builder or Zen Node causes that. That sidedef has no vertices in the middle, if it was just a misalignment the texture wouldn't be in 2 pieces like that.

Alastair said:

My map's a disgrace. Although there are no excuses for it and I wish I'd never entered it, I did only start it on the morning of the dead-line. I'll be making and releasing a 6 map apology Odamex WAD with the same limitations that I'll submit to /newstuff.

It's all good dude. To be honest I liked your layout but it just needed time to be polished like the other wads. We all have to start somewhere! I look forward to seeing your newer work when you get to making it