Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Buy your GHB in the toy store.

GHB is actually used in some varnishes and laquers, IIRC. I know they had us watch a movie in high school about some addict who drank a bunch of varnish in a hardware store to get his fix. The idiot obviously got sent to the hospital.

First lead paint with Fisher-Price, now this? Someone's seriously gotta get on the backs of those Chinese manufacturers who keep fucking up the toys they export!

Nick Perrin said:
Someone's seriously gotta get on the backs of those Chinese manufacturers who keep fucking up the toys they export!

Yeah, although that might have to wait somewhere far in the list of the myriads of problems in the world as we know it, since it's basically an effect of getting cheap merchandise, which is made more expensive the more controls you add.

It's not just toys, anyway. I recall over here they had to warn people about some heating devices that had some hazardous or carcinogenic substance (PCB, I think).

Considering the huge bulk of imports from China and similar places, it's not even clear if the number of such incidents is really alarming.

Nick Perrin said:

First lead paint with Fisher-Price, now this? Someone's seriously gotta get on the backs of those Chinese manufacturers who keep fucking up the toys they export!

the problem is not only in china, it's in our households. People don't want to pay anything for toys. And the US companies go for max profit, so china is the best choice for cheap labor.

Quoting Bill Maher on his show HBO :

"If you were surprised that the Chinese don't care about toy safety, then the child who needs protecting is you. Over the last couple of months, American consumers have been learning a shocking lesson about supply and demand: If you demand products that don't cost anything, people will make them out of poison, mud and shit." -Bill Maher Aug 29, 2007

cannot be truer than this...

This is not to mention that China can only benefit from making Americans even more retarded.

Nick Perrin said:

And the idiots who sell them.

I was having so much fun getting f'ed up on jenk and Aqua Dots, I can't imagine how I'm going to go on when they've completely pulled these.