Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MegaZzZeux

"My Next One" - A Wad In Progress: Maybe

After a few months I've decided I will try and make a map again, and it won't be the same one I had posted in this thread originally. And this is basically a thread for me to keep track on it, so I may keep some interest.

Also this time around I plan for this level to be MUCH bigger than my previously released wad, and with more area to move around in. I just have a habit of making tight-squeezed rooms.

Don't quit please. I hope there won't be a ssg in his map. If not sg, rl,berserk,machinegun and doom2 monsters are really entertaining gameplay wise that is. Killing a mancubus, pain elemental,archvile with a sg is much more fun. It's more tense partially due to the fire rate. (the ssg is too slow and too powerful). The benefit of omitting ssg and the plasma gun is that you don't need 350 or more monsters to be make your wad challenging. Another benefit is that 95% of the doom2 wads will give you the ssg.

Coldfusio said:

Don't quit please. I hope there won't be a ssg in his map. If not sg, rl,berserk,machinegun and doom2 monsters are really entertaining gameplay wise that is. Killing a mancubus, pain elemental,archvile with a sg is much more fun. It's more tense partially due to the fire rate. (the ssg is too slow and too powerful). The benefit of omitting ssg and the plasma gun is that you don't need 350 or more monsters to be make your wad challenging. Another benefit is that 95% of the doom2 wads will give you the ssg.

You do make some good points, and well depending on how my map goes I may or may not have the SSG in.