Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maelfictus

Editor help

When ever i made a map on editor well a simplistic one, It just comes out to me being stuck in a tiny room about 3 squares wide and about 5 long

to help you,i have some questions:
1) What editor did you use?
2) What does your map look like inside the editor's map layout window?
3) What steps did you take to create such a room?
4) Did you build the map's nodes? (e.g. with ybsp,zennode,zdbsp,etc...)
5) Could you upload your map somewhere and post a link?

then my suggestion would be to build the nodes for your map and try it again in whatever sourceport you use. if the problem persists, an upload would be the easiest solution to get your problem fixed.

You say you are stuck in a tiny room; In Doom Builder, you can go into things mode by pressing T and move your move over the player thing to highlight it. When you do that, a square appears around the player indicating its size. Make sure there is enough room around the player, that square may not touch the walls.

CodeImp said:

You say you are stuck in a tiny room; In Doom Builder, you can go into things mode by pressing T and move your move over the player thing to highlight it. When you do that, a square appears around the player indicating its size. Make sure there is enough room around the player, that square may not touch the walls.

Yes ive done that, But all it does is space out the fire sticks i have put in the game, Also when i click the 'build nodes' button a little box pops up for about 0.1 seconds then disappears.

Maelfictus said:

when i click the 'build nodes' button a little box pops up for about 0.1 seconds then disappears.

Thats ok, means it worked properly, but you don't need that button if Doom Builder is set to always build the nodes when it needs to (save/test/3d mode).

CodeImp said:

Thats ok, means it worked properly, but you don't need that button if Doom Builder is set to always build the nodes when it needs to (save/test/3d mode).

Ok but Im still wondering why When i make a map and test it all the items/monsters/things including me appear in a little room like 3x5 squares

Maelfictus said:

Ok but Im still wondering why When i make a map and test it all the items/monsters/things including me appear in a little room like 3x5 squares

Maybe you should make a bigger room

yomoneyboat said:

Maybe you should make a bigger room

Yeah i just figured that out now i was making a really tiny room even though the grid size made it look big