Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Your most HATED monster?

yomoneyboat said:

The death animation and death sound of the Cyber make it totally worth the battle. Plus the bloody stump he leaves behind.

Hey.

To me the Cyberdemon sounds completely ridiculous. Its sight sound is like a tougher imp dying -- or a camel dying. Its walking sound is nothing more than a hammer hitting a nail, and its death sound is a Former Human followed by an explosion.

Damn, you're losered.

Demon in ultimate doom is sooo much annoying - it takes too long to kill it with a shotgun. SSG would be much nicer.
In Doom2 i HATE chaingunners (especially with -fast) - they can hurt you really much even on the long distance. Pain elementals arent any fun too.

By the way, cybie is really nice and i like his sounds :) Not pc speaker ones, they are just ridiculous. When i finished e2m8 for the first time in 1994 i still couldnt understand what the hell was happening in this lev that made so weird sounds. Only after a while i got it were cyberdemon's steps :)

I'd also like to say that shotgun guys are HELL if you dont have body armor.

I agree the shotgun guys very annoying especially in groups for some reason I almost always get killed by groups of them. Lost souls (I just call them 'ammo wasters') suck as well. I used to hate revenants but they have gotten easier to kill especially after playing so many WADs.

*******ley Lost souls are my least favorite, I would be better if they didn't use up half my bullets or 2 shells ea. and they're always in large #s or there's a pain elemental spewing out a bunch like in Barrels o' Fun

Lost souls by far for me. They are such a pain in the ass to kill!!!!!! Theya re so small the kill u b4 u can se them they kinda piss me off

Doom - Cacodemons. They always got the drop on me and weren't easy to maneuver around.

Doom 2 - Revenant, though I got a love/hate relationship with it. I hate pretty much all the Doom 2 monsters, but this motherfucker always finds a way to kick my ass, up close or at a distance.

Heretic - All of them. Not because they're hard, but because they all have too much health. Killing anything short of a gargoyle is an odyssey in itself.

Hexen - Tossup between Slaughtaurs and Reivers because both make me freak out on sight, but leaning toward Slaughtaurs because they chalked up more kills against me. Like, ten times more. Another fifty after playing Deathkings. *sighs angrily*

Revenants, almost without question. Things like Cyberdemons and Archviles are nasty, but they're usually found in places where you can kill them with relatively little trouble. Revenants have a tendency to massacre me really quickly at any range, and they're a nightmare in hordes. Those homing missiles are really despicable.

Lost souls are annoying like nothing else but they're not harmful enough for me to hate them, really. They just get in the way a lot when I'm fighting more dangerous things.

Pain Elementals. They spit out one of the game's most annoying enemies, and in that Doom 64 TC They spit em out even faster so that in 5 seconds the entire level is flooded with them. I don't like the former humans either, mainly because they're so boring. They aren't even a threat in large numbers, because they just end up killing eachother.

theya re so small the kill u b4 u can se them

Don't the lost souls automatically light up, so you can see them even in a pitch black room?

Lost Souls are always fullbright, so even if you're in a dark room you can see them. Maybe he means that, from far away, it's hard to tell at first if they're zipping towards you or not.

The problem, though, is that they make no noise when they first hear you. There are places in many levels where lost souls can catch you by surprise for that reason.

The most horrible thing about lost souls (and, by association, pain elementals) is that they can unexpectedly fly at you and be in your face in no time, so if you're firing off a rocket it can easily end up blowing up right in front of you. That always pisses me off. The nice thing about them, though, is that it only takes one bullet to stop their advance, so unless you're using a shotgun or something for some reason, you can keep them off of you fairly easily.

Chaingunners are easy to kill, for sure, but they can massacre you quickly if you're not careful and fast. Especially if there's a bunch of them.

Zombiemen are ridiculously easy, and even when they attack en masse they still cause virtually no damage. I don't hate them for this, but they can get in the way and be a bit of a nuisance.

Bunny, if you must know why some people HATE the Chaingunner is because of their constant hitscan rate, they could be miles away and still kill you, specially if theres a group, you don't know how many times people die from them with out noticing them in the miles range.

<Edit> spell mistake... And wtf is up with AtomicGame site? It's pissin me off when I try to edit my post.

Cybers and Archs. They are just a bit over powered IMO.

Archs dont miss unless they cant see you and have a lot of health. Plus I remember I was playing someones map from online and one Archvile walked into a room that was released from behind me. I had to re-enter the room to use a key just to find all the monsters i killed, which was probably around 60, were just sitting there waiting for me. The archvile killed me though, cause i couldnt reach it.

Cybers are just big and brutal. One shot from there rockets and your dead. If not your either above 100 health, got invulnerability on, or are just lucky. Sure their missiles arent fast and they can be taken down from a distance without much work but even then they are a pain purely because of the ammo u use to take one down!

Well, it's not really a Doom monster, but I HATE the Spectre! (The Strife one.) Mainly because you can only kill it with the Sigil, and if you don't have any medkits lying around, you're fucked.

Well, (as you may have seen in another thread) I just today receieved Blood. Those fish things are really really annoying seen as they go under you and are really fast. You can't really aim at them unless you got plenty of room to go backwards and shoot. At least the rats can be squished.

EDIT: I take it back. Just done Episode 2 today, and those little disembodied hands are the most annoying enemy I've found in any doom engine game. The whole screen starts to go black and you gotta "shake" 'em off, which I don't really understand how that works. Sometimes I run forward, sometimes I jump, sometimes I crouch, turn around, combination, sometimes it takes a good 2-3 minutes of running around like a mad man waiting for this f**** hand to get off my neck.

BoldEnglishman said:

Well, (as you may have seen in another thread) I just today receieved Blood. Those fish things are really really annoying seen as they go under you and are really fast. You can't really aim at them unless you got plenty of room to go backwards and shoot. At least the rats can be squished.

EDIT: I take it back. Just done Episode 2 today, and those little disembodied hands are the most annoying enemy I've found in any doom engine game. The whole screen starts to go black and you gotta "shake" 'em off, which I don't really understand how that works. Sometimes I run forward, sometimes I jump, sometimes I crouch, turn around, combination, sometimes it takes a good 2-3 minutes of running around like a mad man waiting for this f**** hand to get off my neck.

Blood1 is the only game that I would gauge as a worthy challenge to Doom - incredible game.
The more you hate an enemy the better it's doing its job.

BoldEnglishman said:
those little disembodied hands are the most annoying enemy I've found in any doom engine game.

I guess you mean 2.5D game, as it uses the Build engine, and not the DOOM engine.

I f@$king hate shotgun guys. They're so annoying. They die in one hit, yet can take big chunks out of your health. AND they travel in packs.

I always kill the shotgun guys first.

I don't hate any doom enemies, but Pain elementals are the toughest to me, because as soon as you've done away with the lost soul shield another two have spawned blocking the thing that's spawning them. In large numbers pain elementals are surprisingly lethal.

Pain elemental. Thats pretty much all I hate.
From the day I started playing doom2, I loved all but one new monster.
Arachnotron, Mancubus, Chaingunner, Hell Knight, Revenant, Arch-Vile, Nazi.

All so sweet. And because ID made that Commander Keen joke in map32, there are some Boom compatable wads with a couple custom monsters, replacing the Nazi and Keen.

MONKET said:

commander keen

bastard keeps killing me every goddamn time I see him

Bahahaha. Uninstall.

Yeah Mancubi are fun to fight.

"IM YOUR MOM"
<strafe left>
"dsfirsht"
<strafe right>
"dsfirsht"
<strafe left again>