Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

[Community Project] Untitled New Years CP.

well, i started, not much but here is a portion of an incomplete room. im going all stock textures in this map.

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom0004dy1.png

yes, i do realize there are un-aligned textures everywhere, that will be fixed.

ok, well the room is closer to being complete, just showing slight progress and the fact that it should look pretty interesting. there are over 3000 sides in this room... i get carried away sometimes.
http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom0005pd7.png

If your going for a Brown stock texture map make sure that you at least use some different variation. I wouldnt want to go around seeing nothing but Brown everywhere.

i'm working on a map, i'll post some screens when i get home later.
it's kind of a space-station theme if that fits in.
i'm not sure what map number it should be, but i'm kind of designing it (at the moment) to be an early/smallish map.
i'm using your texture pack.

Well folks there is still 8 map slots open so existing contributers are allowed to possibly take a poke at an additional map slot if they feel up for it.

I'll be glad to take slot 13.

About me, I've been around awhile, but only registered to Doomworld recently. I think it's about time I contribute to the community instead of just bumming off you guys all the time, so to speak =)

Anyhow, I think it would be good if this could be made into a 32 level set. If we get 16 authors, for example, and everyone composes 2 maps, that would be 32. I think making and testing 2 maps in a month is managable if excessive time isn't taken on minor parts of the maps.

Death-Destiny said:

Anyhow, I think it would be good if this could be made into a 32 level set. If we get 16 authors, for example, and everyone composes 2 maps, that would be 32.

Never gonna happen I could do two maps easily but I don't think everyone is up for that, besides we will never get 16 mappers for this.

It would be nice though.

Wow, RapidShare really sucks!!

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

speedyshare.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If someone could upload it to speedyshare.com that would really be appreciated. I'm not gonna jump through a bunch of hoops to download a file--school has me jumping through enough hoops as it is.

additup has been banned, because of something in another thread. What about his slot in this wad?

printz said:

additup has been banned, because of something in another thread.

Just searched through his last posts. What kind of idiot openly admits to downloading illegal files?
I'd like to take his place, but I need to finish detailing a map for Greenwar before I can start. I don't want to end up delaying the project because I got swamped in school/other mapping/etc.

ok, im about 25% done with my map, i think. hopefully i can stay under the 32000 sides limit. my theme is not brown either, its a base but there are like 4 main areas: the base itself (halls, rooms, shit like that) the basement(gray,bricks,wood) the lab(high tech) and the outside (rocks and shit). one question, how do you take screenshots in doom builder editor mode and doom builder 3d mode? sorry if its dumb question, i just want to know.

there is so much stuff you can do with the stock textures.
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom0006vs3.png
http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom0007qf6.png

these shots should be a lot darker, my doom game is just too damn bright and distorted.

An couple more rooms that are pretty much finished, not sure if the area in the bottom shot will be in the end version I don't think it goes well with the rest of the map, anyway I had this idea of having some fleshy growth that is flowing down from cracks in the ceiling.

Dutch Devil, for what it's worth, the juxtaposition of hellish/base like that is something I've always enjoyed in maps. Like, places where you can see a human/UAC structure starting to be subverted, like in your bottom screenshot.

dutch devil said:

Not sure if the area in the bottom shot will be in the end version I don't think it goes well with the rest of the map, anyway I had this idea of having some fleshy growth that is flowing down from cracks in the ceiling.

If it helps to ease your mind, my map's going to use the fleshy texture as well, so it will be consistent in terms of overall continuity. I think it looks pretty neat and will work with proper implementation. =)

I removed that part but I am gonna put it in again but twice as big see if I can improve it some more.

I think I will make the growth start in an tech room around an teleporter and let it flow outside into the cave, like those dumbass uac scientist opened an gate to hell and they couldn't close it again and hell starts to consume the base.

Right here.

[edit]Check the first post of this thread and pick and slot which is still free, download the recource wad if you want to use some of the textures or just go for stock doom2 textures :)

Hmm well Matt's banned too.

Anyway, DD, with that Eye Switch in the middle of all the fleshy material, perhaps you could detail it so none of that plain-creamy colour is around the eye? Like the eye is in the middle of the fleshy stuff?

Otherwise looks great, good luck guys! (4 days remaining I believe).

the deadline is the 29th...or so i had believed.
i'm still working on my map for this. i'm almost done with the entire layout. then i detail. i'll post a couple screens soon.

BoldEnglishman said:

Hmm well Matt's banned too.

Given that he was Mattbratt, you can be thankful he was banned before being able to contribute anything to this.

Yup the deadline should be the 29th any sooner and my map won't be finished on time I've still got alot of stuff to add, it will not be very big 15 mins worth of playtime but its an tough map traps on places where you wouldn't expect them.

The area in the second shot is gone but thanks for the suggestion on the switch I agree with you it looks nicer if the brown skin would be out of sight.

The new fleshy room I've build looks nicer and is bigger as well but its far from done yet.

Grazza said:

Given that he was Mattbratt, you can be thankful he was banned before being able to contribute anything this.

Surprisingly a couple of his last posts are rather sane (possibly helpful too). Why did he keep being a jerk.

Okay, here's a quick shot of my map so far:

(Yes, only one room at the moment.)

It was only after I did this space-themed room that I noticed The Lag also appears to be doing a space-themed map... is that okay if we both use that theme?