• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kristian Ronge

Something to Get You into the Holiday Spirit

AndrewB said:

Can I possibly get a full quality MP3?

You can't get full quality from something that has no quality to begin with.

Grazza said:
Nothing beats the live feed from the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.

Gaah! Stop that offensively sentimental music! Where's the music even coming from!? Bah. Humbug!

Cartman's version was sweet. :-)

AndrewB: I have no idea if there exists an MP3 of this (but I'm betting there does). Maybe start with contacting the guy who uploaded it to YouTube?

Well, after posting that atrocious version, I thought I'd post something from the other end of the scale.

Sung by one of the greatest tenors of all time, Jussi Björling.

is it wrong to envision a viking singing that? He's the only "non-latin" tenor I know of.

edit:

I remember this as if it were yesterday. It also gave my dad some ideas... :s

A singing viking isn't exactly the first thing that comes to my mind, but whatever floats your boat! I liked the revolving Christmas tree bit. :-)

Kristian Ronge said:

A singing viking isn't exactly the first thing that comes to my mind, but whatever floats your boat! I liked the revolving Christmas tree bit. :-)

It's classic 90s comedy sitcoms and I don't think they'll be coming back anytime soon. Today's sitcoms blow. The only thing worth watching is the now-popular "dramadies" like House, and even those are becoming really off. House needs to return to the Season 1 formula and fast- else I may get very bored with it.

oh, damnit, this is about Christmas, isn't it!

It's going to take several of Pavarotti and Aled Jones' renditions of O Holy Night to get over this..

EDIT: Missed the Björling version you put up Kristian, very good but I think I still may prefer Aled :P

Csonicgo said:

I remember this as if it were yesterday. It also gave my dad some ideas... :s

It was yesterday for me, they are running repeats of it at the moment.

Speaking of Holiday Spirit:

Kevin Wilson ownz, despite being an Australian.

fraggle said:

As long as you use a high enough bit rate, there is no quality loss.

I would not go as far to say there's NO quality loss, it simply seems undetectable by the human ear. At any rate, despite my crappy translation it was a very interesting article, I'm quite surprised at the results, being a staunch supporter of lossless audio formats. I would have liked to see more varied music selections, also I felt the quality of the original recordings should come into play.