Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomXL

Im an Idiot [how to load wads et al.]

yes I know Im an Idiot. I have been looking for this info EVERYWHERE google, zdoom website, this website, and its just not there! ok the question is! how do I load wad's and play them? I use Zdoom (half the time it wont work because it says I have to adjust the game resolution but It wont even let me acces the menu) and I cant for the life of me figure it out. Im trying to load a file called Facility.wad and I need help. Also I would greatly appreciate it if I could find out how to adjust the game resolution without actually having to go into the game. THANK YOU!

Good joke site. Havent seen anything like it.

Well there's no documentation included in zdoom and it's not the only source port who does that.
But there's a zdoom wiki here.
Copy your doom2 iwad and facility in your zdoom directory. (not really needed see the zdoom wiki for more). Open a command prompt, go to the zdoom dir and type in:
zdoom.exe -width 640 height 480 -file Facility.wad

Edit:
The most easy way is to delete the zdoom-accountname.ini file.

doomXL said:

I use Zdoom (half the time it wont work because it says I have to adjust the game resolution but It wont even let me acces the menu) and I cant for the life of me figure it out.

If zdoom let you change resolutions to values which are impossible then this is a shortcoming in zdoom,btw.

Hi DoomXL,
to play wads I create bat-files! If you want to create a bat-file just select a file (dosn’t matter which one) and add the “.txt” at the ending of it... Then open it, delete everything that is into it and type in the following: “zdoom doom2 -file Facility.wad”. After that rename the “.txt” into “.bat” and copy it into your zdoom folder with your “Doom2.wad”. Then you are ready to play, yeah! (If your wad is for Doom1 then just type in “zdoom -file Facility.wad”)

You can do it with the other source ports too:

“gzdoom doom2 -file Facility.WAD”
“skulltag doom2 -file Facility.WAD”
“start Legacy.exe -file Facility.wad -digmusic -nocd -opengl -mb 511” (Doomlegacy)
“start gledge32.exe -file Facility.wad” (Edge)