Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Cardboard consoles

Ralphis said:

"1. The page may be extinct, like many whales, chimpanzees, and gorillas in the wild could be without your help."

LOL

It was alright but the Mario impression was the worst I've maybe ever heard.

"Imma gonna win...you suckas"

No

I hate having to throw my gaming consoles into the trash after only a few days. Why can't they at least make them reusable?

I like to burn my dead consoles on pyres after sacrificing humpback whales, baby fur seals, and mountain gorrilas. that way all the toxins go straight to the Valhalla with honor.

VileSlay said:

I like to burn my dead consoles on pyres after sacrificing humpback whales, baby fur seals, and mountain gorrilas. that way all the toxins go straight to the Valhalla with honor.

I can see Wiis getting a Viking Funeral and PS3s getting dumped in a pauper's grave. Put that in your next PSA.

Bank said:

I can see Wiis getting a Viking Funeral and PS3s getting dumped in a pauper's grave. Put that in your next PSA.

yes, PS3s will get left for the ravens and wolves while Wiis will have glory in the Golden Hall.

Is god of war the only thing ps3 has going for it? what about Killzone 2? If I had the ps3 that would be the first game id get.

Sadly enough the God of War for ps3 hasn't even been released yet, so it's not the greatest mascot for them to use. Although they haven't really had a mascot since crash bandicoot, Snake was there for a while, but he kind of whored himself out.

I'm still wondering if this is legal, even if it is a parody, I can't imagine nintendo, microsoft, or sony would be too happy. Although suing greenpeace might not earn you brownie points as far as public image is concerned.

Consoles are poisonous?? Then I must have some fatal disease with all the consoles I have!!
This really reminds me of those sites where if you have an opposing
opinion, they would either Lecture you in an angry way,or beat you
to death with Protest signs,or both! *Shudders*

Jello said:
I'm still wondering if this is legal, even if it is a parody, I can't imagine nintendo, microsoft, or sony would be too happy.

One of Greenpeace's (or any similar organizations') very purposes is to have consumers think twice in regard to buying a product. In other words, the objective is to "hurt" companies' financial interests if these seem to harm the environment or whatever. So if that were really a problem, Greenpeace wouldn't even exist. They've been using names, brands, corporate activities and company characteristics (through parody or imagery) to drive their message for a long time now, anyway. I'm guessing the only way they could be sanctioned or silenced is with clear proof that any allegations of contamination are false.

You can't make certain components in a console without using toxic materials. How are you going to force them to stop using lead solder? What are they going to use instead? Silver? Increase console prices because of environmentally friendly solder? By this logic, they should go after computers and the rest of the electronic industry.

Only the EU has restrictions in place over solder used. Guaranteed cheap lead based solder is used in almost everything out of China.

Treehugging trolls putting this out as Flamebait? Wow. Greenpeace sucks.

even their 404 page can cause a shitstorm. I had a good laugh out of it though!

I wonder how much "poison" is in my Atari VCS. I should have babies growing out of my legs or something by now with the way they're talking.

I like my enviro-terrorism the old fashioned way, without video game characters or preaching to children.