Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirdaved

Setting Key Bindings in Doom3d

I'm new to this forum but NOT to Doom. Am a veteran of the
great Doom summer of 1994 when Wad swapping was a full-time preoccupation! Dr. Sleep, Chris Klie and the bunch were well known to us on Compuserve.

Anyway, I'm resurrecting my Doom stuff. Windoom seems to work best as a port for lower-powered laptops (eg. no 3d acceleration and cpu <300mhz). But I can't see any option for Settings eg. key bindings. I've been able to work around it by directly editing windoom.ini but it's rather inconvenient. Does anyone know if I'm missing something here. Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.

is it just me or did the ZDoom bindings for weapons stop working with the betas? Maybe I should actually look into the controlls to see if there's something I missed.

congratulations sirdavid! You posted the 2000th topic in this forum.

You win the mystery star prize!

dan's old account.

Seriously though, nice to see you remember '94. Very simply, what elbryan42 said. I only have a 333 with very little acceleration, and ZDoom runs fine. Not many of the sourceports require drastically more speed/mem than the original, just if you have a lot of advanced features switched on.

Get it here.

v1.22 should do you fine, IMHO.

Thanks for the info- I'll definitely check into Zdoom for use on my laptops. But just to satisfy my curiosity- does anyone know if Windoom has any options to control settings? I'd hate to think the answer was staring me in the face....