Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey i am new here and i want to make my own doom game with ZDoom but i need to know how if the IWAD will work with xp (its a shareware doom IWAD)

No, if you only have shareware Doom, then you will not be able to make or play addons (i.e. pwads). The operating system is not relevant to this.

You need to buy the full games.

Grazza said:

No, if you only have shareware Doom, then you will not be able to make or play addons (i.e. pwads). The operating system is not relevant to this.

You need to buy the full games.

ok thank you

Well, technically you could. They would just have to be doom1 pwads, either only using textures available in the shareware or providing it's own in the pwad.. unless I'm missing something here.

Also it would lack pretty much all the more hellish monsters, except the baron of hell.

But yeah, if you want to buy doom, I highly recommend buying it on steam. It gives you the IWADS when you buy it, so you can take them and use a source port and play custom wads.

I love how they set that up.

Id has said (in a press release IIRC) that they didn't want add-ons made for the shareware version.

Most ports (and Doom.exe after v1.666 I think) don't even allow loading PWADs with the shareware version.