Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomsday192

What does this error mean?

when im trying to run doombuilder on vista, my map randomly gets this error message when i try to save it:

When said error shows up it wipes the WAD clean and im left with a temporary, non functioning level...

wtf does it mean?

i had that same damn problem. go to your doom builder folder, right click on the builder executable or whatever, go to properties, then go to compatibility, then put in windows xp compatibility mode or something like that and run as administrator... i think. i did something like that and that error happens a lot less frequently, havent had it in a long time.

i have no idea why it happens or what it means, but i had that same error all the time.

Ugh, its getting worse...

now i cant save my map at all without Error 5

is there a patch for doom builder on vista or something?
or has development stopped

Development on Doom Builder 1 has stopped. I sometimes hear from people that they have picked up the project to make bug fixes, though. Doom Builder 2 is in development, but it will take several months before the first version will be released. DB2 will be vista compatible.

CodeImp said:

DB2 will be vista compatible.

These are the greatest words I've ever heard.

while editing with doombuilder, shut explorer.exe and there is no error 5 while saving.
It seems that windows explorer is causing the error.
This is what i have tried: every time i get error 5, i restart explorer.exe and after that i can save normally.