Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

DNF Teaser Trailer To Be Released

According to this post, 3D Realms is going to release a new teaser trailer for Duke Nukem Forever tomorrow around 12pm CST. A screenshot is also available there.

So now the question is, how long after the trailer 'till we see something else? I hate to admit it, but I'm still fairly excited about this game.

It's... it's really happening?
There's actually progress being made on this game?
Heh, and 3D Realms' server is overloaded. Big news in the Duke community!

Indeed, why couldn't you have come out when my computer could still run your game worth a crap, Duke?! Oh well, the vaporware streak may finally come to an end... now let's hope the game is good, for the sake of 3D Realms and their mental stability.

Joe Siegler said:

"We'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it."

I'm starting a fund to give all 3DR's members t-shirts with the saying "I worked 10 years on a game and all everyone else had to show for it was a lousy trailer."

Please give us duke 4

[edit]
UPDATE: Here is an update that George Broussard made online this evening:

Guys just to manage expectations...

This is a teaser. It's not a full blown trailer like the 2001 trailer (but something like that is coming in the next few years). I tried to be clear about that in the message board post, so just bear in mind that it's a teaser :)
[/edit]

Ralphis said:
UPDATE: Here is an update that George Broussard made online this evening: (...) This is a teaser. It's not a full blown trailer like the 2001 trailer (but something like that is coming in the next few years)

What? A "full blown trailer" will come "in the next few years"? Like, LOL?

Mordeth said:

What? A "full blown trailer" will come "in the next few years"? Like, LOL?

Mordeth laughing at vapourware games? The ironing is delicious!

"I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John)."

Hmm, Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, the people that made the music for Prey. Think they might have made music for this game aswell?

It better have a reason it's called "Forever", once it's released. Like being very good and causing addiction (hence forever). Not like Doom 3, which was supposed to be the best game ever (finally outrunning Doom 2 and because it succeeds Doom 2), but it isn't.

Fredrik said:

Lame.

I look forward to 4 more games from id before this is released.

One thing that I will give it is that the monsters seem pretty true to their DN3D counterparts... something I wish Doom 3 had done a better job of. I suppose we'll have to wait a few years to see if that's a good or a bad thing, though.

The trailer was meh, but Duke is looking pretty badass.
Bitter irony: they released the trailer an hour EARLY.

It's not a full blown trailer like the 2001 trailer

Shit, it's really been that long?

I still get chills when i think about the beginning of it

they're still in the 'making it all fun and tied together' stage

How many 'modern games' have at least 2 full years to dedicate to that stage?

Why do you think Blood is so great? All of their assets were complete pretty much around 1995 and the remainder of the development time was on fun.

DNF's development focus on fun makes it promising for me.

leileilol said:

DNF's development focus on fun makes it promising for me.

I agree with that, but I'm still reluctant to get my hopes up about it.