Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings all, I've been working on a single player/coop wad called "Doom Commando" and was hoping some of you master wad authers and doomers out there would mind taking a look. It's currently 7 new maps for Doom II. I'd really appreciate any suggestions, criticisms, and any other feedback!
Thanks in advance.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?02zxzbgnbt1

They were simple and fun imo but not really perfect. I beat each with a pistol start on the first try except 3 where I died from that arch vile below mostly because I didn't know where the shelter was down there (and would rather just go down there than tediously pick them off from the top). Yeah I saw that missing texture but no biggie really. Some levels had too much ammo (like the first if I remember). The spider boss on #3 can be killed with 1 bfg blast, making the invulnerability needlessless at the end. Quite a few enemies can just be passed with no need to fight (like on #1 the group of mancubes and the cacos behind the grate, another ambush right near the helicopter pad exit or whatever can just be run past). Sometimes a switch did something where I had to search a bit before I figured out what- though actually not too much searching and it went pretty smoothly compared to many other maps I've played. Some 'deaf' enemies might be better non-deaf, not sure.

not bad, i love classic style maps. i found some good fun from this. as far as aesthetics go, this looked fine, architecture ok, but some textures and flats could use a bit better matching, like those gray steps with brown tops in map01, but its not that big of a deal.

Thanks both of you! I've made several changes following your advice (get the updated version here.
I'm thinking I might abandon this project and start something new, with fewer monsters, less health & ammo, more detail and lighting effects. Kindof like the first level of The Prometheus Experiment or TCOTD - Apokalypse, though I'm nowhere near as skilled or talented as those guys!
Anyway thanks again to you and everyone who took the time to try my WAD out.