Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Speed Racer starring Keanu Reeves as Neo

Hollywood is at it once agian raping our childhood and now they have turned to a Speed Racer movie.

Speed Racer will be directed by the Wachowski brothers. If anyone doesn't know who these directors are should be concidered lucky and fortunete.

Seems interesting, but so far the only thing I like about the trailer is John Goodman playing as Pops.

Meh, it's been long enough, seeing as the series came out in the late 60s. Colorful trailer.

Looks like the usual disaster formula. Take cheezy, campy kids cartoon and make it into an OMG SERIOUS BUSINESS movie.

It worked for The Grinch movie, right? (hint: no)

Power Rangers
Mighty Max
Beast Wars
Goosebumps
Tom & jerry
Peanuts

And theres like a million more superhero's that no one cares about that they didn't make movies for yet.

When will this phase end?

You'd think somebody who made a successful trilogy of action movies would make something original. Oh well, it does look colorful and interesting.

edit: fine they did make V, which was good.

JohnnyRancid said:

Power Rangers
Mighty Max
Beast Wars
Goosebumps
Tom & jerry
Peanuts

When will this phase end?

What? There are a few power ranger movies

Snarboo said:

Yeah, I totally ripped off Scuba, but it had to be posted. :p

"some kind of... pac-man." LMAO!

BlackFish said:

You'd think somebody who made a successful trilogy of action movies would make something original. Oh well, it does look colorful and interesting.

edit: fine they did make V, which was good.

Except V for Vendetta was based on a graphic novel and thus not original either.

That Pac-Man trailer is actually quite believable since nearly all video game movies have absolutely nothing to do with the games they're based on.

Kid Airbag said:

Except V for Vendetta was based on a graphic novel and thus not original either.

I finally got around to reading that. I liked Watchmen a WHOLE lot more. Still haven't seen the movie.

"Mr Burns! so you were'nt shot after all! it was all a dream"
"Yes, just a dream, it's actually 1965 and we're undercover detectives on the hot-rod circuit, now lets put the pedal to the metal!"
"SPEEDWAY SQUAD - In colour!"

Danarchy said:

I finally got around to reading that. I liked Watchmen a WHOLE lot more. Still haven't seen the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

They're still filming for it. The sets they have are really cool. The majority of it is filmed in a big warehouse lot in Burnaby. I worked in two scenes as a background monkey:

VJDAY - The date for this scene got moved numerous times because a heavy windstorm destroyed the set. They ran out of navy uniforms so I just got dressed as a civilian from that era. Paid wardrobe fittings are fun.

Andy Warhol's factory - This shoot was weird. An old empty office space in DT. Set was covered in tin foil with replica Warhol art. Tables had prop joints, and mirrors with babypowder to be passed off as cocaine on them. Also to highlight Warhol's sexuality they had a naked guy just randomly walk into the scene. There was a lower half of a mannequin painted silver shoved upside down in a toilet. On action they told me to pick it up and trip out on it.

They also shot it all with a hand held camera which I heard at first was because it was preproduction. But now it was the look they were going for in the scene.

Really wish I got picked for the Studio 54 scene. There were rumors about Billy Idol and Elton John being present.

POTGIESSER said:

I actually meant the V movie. Didn't know the Watchemen movie was still being made.

VJDAY - The date for this scene got moved numerous times because a heavy windstorm destroyed the set. They ran out of navy uniforms so I just got dressed as a civilian from that era. Paid wardrobe fittings are fun.

Andy Warhol's factory - This shoot was weird. An old empty office space in DT. Set was covered in tin foil with replica Warhol art. Tables had prop joints, and mirrors with babypowder to be passed off as cocaine on them. Also to highlight Warhol's sexuality they had a naked guy just randomly walk into the scene. There was a lower half of a mannequin painted silver shoved upside down in a toilet. On action they told me to pick it up and trip out on it.

They also shot it all with a hand held camera which I heard at first was because it was preproduction. But now it was the look they were going for in the scene.

Really wish I got picked for the Studio 54 scene. There were rumors about Billy Idol and Elton John being present.

O_o

Well the picture with the Nixon poster got me to thinking it might be pretty accurate to the original despite being way too connected with the 80s zeitgeist. Alternate history stuff is getting rather popular these days.

On the other hand, I have no idea how the two scenes you described would fit into the story. Maybe the Andy Warhol one.

I still agree with Terry Gilliam is that the only way Watchmen would truly work would be a miniseries without TV censorship. Shame he never picked it up...he'd be the perfect director for it.

Danarchy said:

On the other hand, I have no idea how the two scenes you described would fit into the story. Maybe the Andy Warhol one.

Well with Vjday japan surrenders and it's time square in New York. There's the famous photograph of a Navy guy kissing a nurse. Well in this scenario, a real hot chick makes out with the nurse instead.

Danarchy said:

I still agree with Terry Gilliam is that the only way Watchmen would truly work would be a miniseries without TV censorship. Shame he never picked it up...he'd be the perfect director for it.

Yeah it seems there's alot there to just cram it into 2hrs. I would've like to have seen Terry Gilliam do it as well. But hell, works is work.