Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anarkavre

Doom89 Released

Doom has once again shown up on another platform, and this time it's a calculator. Doom89 is a clone of Doom powered by the FAT engine. It runs on TI graphing calculator models 89, 92+, and V200. It includes 32 levels, as well as all the abilities and weapons you'd expect. It even includes strafing and the classic menu. This is definitely worth checking out if you have one of the supported calculators.

Fucking 82

I really want an 84. I miss my complex numbers.

I remember doom being ported to another graphing calculator but at this moment, I do not remember which it was.

man, I've been waiting for this forever. Too bad I'm not in High School anymore, with my 89 attached to my hip (not really). Anyway, I'll have to break out the graphlink later and check it out.

I CAME.

I can't wait to try this, I just need to dig out my connector cable and possibly the software, this along with calcrogue aughtta keep me occupied at work :D

Wait, this uses the FAT engine? Unless that engine has changed significantly in the past few years, I can't see this as being any more than doom sprites in a wolf3d-like environment. Are there any screenshots?

exp(x) said:

Wait, this uses the FAT engine? Unless that engine has changed significantly in the past few years, I can't see this as being any more than doom sprites in a wolf3d-like environment. Are there any screenshots?

Would BSP-like rendering be possible for the Motorola processor?

david_a said:

I was wondering about that. I found a screenshot here that does look very Wolfy.

Well, in the first link's provided screenshots, the doors open Wolf-3D style. And since I haven't used my TI-89 in about five and a half years, I'll likely stick with my Game Boy. (And yeah, major meltfest when I took out the 89's batteries about 3 months ago.)

Csonicgo said:

OT: I found a program for the TI-89 that makes its input RPN- Something TI should have included as an option years ago.

None of those programs are nearly as seamless as an HP calculator's implementation.

Can't the way the doors open be altered? You know, so they open vertically instead of horizontally?