Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deathz0r

textures not showing up in certain ports

as a few of you might know/remember, i'm working on a Doom Alpha Resource Wad thingie, where it has the levels, textures, sprites etc etc from the doom alphas. A certain texture, TEX0000 (have a look at the third level in alpha 0.4, 90% of the map is that texture) does not display in ZDoom, but it works fine in EDGE. does anyone know how to fix this? have a look at it here (use the doom2 iwad, use the console to warp to e1m3 with zdoom).

You need to have a dummy texture as the first texture in the list. Like in Doom there's aastinky and in Doom 2 aashitty, they don't show up in levels either.

I can't seem to access any slipgate.org sites ATM (The page cannot be displayed). Been like that for at least 3 days now.

Anyone else having this problem?

it's not really down. the ip got changed. try http://24.66.168.180/~deathwar/0_4resor.zip (i uploaded a new ver, with some dehacked changes and the texture fix. if anyone wants to help, contact me in any way.)

OK, thanks, that worked.

Any doom alpha/beta stuff interests me. I have played the original files with varied success. This was nice to be able to load up the levels (in Zdoom) and look around the maps in a stable environment. Interesting to see how different some very recognisable maps were in the early days. It also helps show a few of the things/ideas that, sadly, were dropped from the game. Easy to see where they were trying to go with some of the stuff If you have read the "doom bible".

Keep up the good work on this.

i loaded the 0.5 levels with the 0.4 stuff, and saw a few things that never appeared in 0.5 (the chairs from 0.4, for example).