Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tannermann

!!Tutorial on how to Stop Read Error-5!!

Ok so i've been having this Problem now and i'm sure i'm not the only one! If you have Doom builder 1.68 on Windows Vista or any other Computer for that matter you might have this Error Message occour:
read error-5:
Invalid call or argument Procedure or somthing like that.
The thing is Explorer.exe causes the Problem so what you are going to end doing is this:

Step 1. Open Doom builder, to where it is onscreen.

Step 2. Open Task manager with doombuilder right behind it.

Step 3. Go to Process and find Explorer.exe

Step 4. End Explorer.exe, The button is at the bottom right of the Task manager screen.

Step 5. With Explorer.exe closed, your entire Desktop's Icons, Start menu, and all the regamaro will be gone but don't Panic cause you can re-open it which i will add at the bottom. Your Doom builder should be on screen now but dont close or minimalize it or you will have to re do the Procedure.

And that Wraps that part up, but now i will tell you how to Re-open
Explorer.exe.

How to Re-open Explorer.exe:

Step 1. Very simple, very simple indeed. Just open up your Task manager again by pressing and holding down "ctrl", "Alt" and " Delete" Buttons.

Step 2. When it opens go to the Applications Tab at the top of the Task manager screen.

Step 3. At the Bottom right of the Task manager screen there are 3 buttons:

1. End Task

2. Switch to... (Switch to Task)

3. New Task

Click the 3rd button New Task and type in Explorer.exe, and your Stuff will be restored safely.

!!!!NOTE!!!!
Anything at the bottom bar will NOT be erased or anything.If you are downloading somthing it will still be there!

May your gaming Experiences be great, my Brothers of the Gaming world.

so thats what explorer.exe is, the icons and shit. thats stupid that you have to do that in order to not have that ridiculous error 5.

yea i know...

I almost forgot to add a little somthing.. i would like to thank a person for figuring out this problem:

Thanks MALCOM!!!

tannermann said:

Anything at the bottom bar will NOT be erased or anything.If you are downloading somthing it will still be there!

Actually, you may lose some tray icons, though the programs will still be running. My international clocks always disappear and reloading the program doesn't reload them unless I terminate it in task manager first. Otherwise, good deal.

Lüt said:

Actually, you may lose some tray icons, though the programs will still be running. My international clocks always disappear and reloading the program doesn't reload them unless I terminate it in task manager first. Otherwise, good deal.

Apart from my anti-virus software, Graphic Tablet Settings, Time and MSN Messenger; I never even use the Icon tray. And if I want anything I'll have it running and Use Alt-Tab or WindowKey-Tab to switch programs.

"I almost forgot to add a little somthing" well im not surprised of that.
First you take all the honor from this thing, and then almost forgot to thank the one who actually found the solution!