Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spank

absolute insanity

Japan shows us all the futility of modern existance, by making depressingly difficult, frustrating Mario games. Thanks, Japan!

Haha, the music from that first video is from the GOD AWFUL Cheetahmen 2 pirate NES game. Great music, VOMITORIOUS game.

Danarchy said:
The music in that second video is really familiar, but I can't place it...

gouls n ghosts/ghosts n goblins, quite fitting i should say given the amount of cheapness from that game as well

I played it and beat it yesterday with some friends. Only 3 or 4 levels but my god I died so many times trying to figure out the new puzzles. I must say its funny as hell when you die from something and you don't expect it.

I tried giving it a more mario like feel (replacing images in the resource folder) and I found that some stuff like the pipes are hard coded.

I really want to make a speed runner version of this but I can't read japanese comments in a font that doesn't display japanese characters.

I also want to know what the text that appears when you die says.

I couldn't find many sprites for the mario world (ground, bricks, etc.)

Another edit?
Damned flags get in the way of speedrunning this game.

That game just looked like a hacked version of SMB with some added in enemies.

Torn said:

That game just looked like a hacked version of SMB with some added in enemies.

I highly doubt that it is a hack (unless you're talking about the second set of videos, which definitely features a hack). The physics and controls are just too different, and hacking the ROM to include all of those different behaviors and events would likely be prohibitively difficult. More likely, it is just a quick clone of the SMB engine with ripped sprites and tiles along with levels that are constructed to look like the originals.

Reckoner said:

I highly doubt that it is a hack (unless you're talking about the second set of videos, which definitely features a hack). The physics and controls are just too different, and hacking the ROM to include all of those different behaviors and events would likely be prohibitively difficult. More likely, it is just a quick clone of the SMB engine with ripped sprites and tiles along with levels that are constructed to look like the originals.

This is correct, I have played the game from the first video and it's definitely not a ROM hack. It's also just as ridiculous as pictured. Me and my twin just ended up laughing every time I got clobbered by a cheap insta-death trap.

udderdude said:

This is correct, I have played the game from the first video and it's definitely not a ROM hack. It's also just as ridiculous as pictured. Me and my twin just ended up laughing every time I got clobbered by a cheap insta-death trap.

I had to think thoroughly about my next move, and I got ganked every time by something I didnt expect, which made it even harder.