Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ekudeht

Anyone here play Doom for the 360?

Just wondering if anyone here has Doom on XBLA. It's hard to find a game at times so it's always good to have a decent size friends list of Doom players. Either Deathmatch players or coop players would be nice.

On a side note I do own this game (and the other dooms) for the PC but I don't play them much; I just prefer the xbox 360 version as I'm more use to using controllers than a keyboard (don't play many PC games and once I did Doom 2 on nightmare I just stopped playing the PC versions altogether; still have to go through Final Doom).

GT: MisshapenRogue

I don't play deathmatch, and I'm not sure how I am for co-op, just because my DSL tends to be slow sometimes; it isn't a problem for regular 360 games, but for some reason XBLA games suck for networking.

If you're going to add me, let me know, because I have a habbit of not accepting requests if I'm not expecting them.

speakin of xbox 360 doom, any way to run it with pwads? I only have the shareware version too btw. (only one fucking map)

JohnnyRancid said:

speakin of xbox 360 doom, any way to run it with pwads? I only have the shareware version too btw. (only one fucking map)

No not to my knowledge.

Buy the damn game....for the 14th time.:-p

i remember reading about a utility that allowed play of pwads over xbl, but only pwads that are vanilla-compatible. i also remember that community collectively busting a nut when they found out they could play "suspended in dusk" using this utility.

that's it...just some vague memory.

The Lag said:

i remember reading about a utility that allowed play of pwads over xbl, but only pwads that are vanilla-compatible.

Vanilla compatible wads are the way to go. Does this include dehacked patches?

I've played both doom 3 and the classic dooms on my xbox. I found doom 3 to play generally okay with a similar enough feel, but the classics just felt awkward with a joystick instead of arrow keys. Maybe it's just me, but I felt a little handicapped in a console environment. To each his own though - if I ever do play online I'll be sure to send a PM your way!

@TroubleWithCherubs
If you can get used to the controls, you might like the 360/XBLA version. For better or worse the controls are still the same, but it doesn't have many of the glitches of the old Xbox UDoom port, and it runs at a higher resolution.

Well, I played the demo. Fun I guess. Makes me think of the same amount- let me correct that, Makes me think of the exact same qualities the Doom 3 Special Edition and RoE had. Only without the Live multiplayer which I easily substitute with Skulltag on my comp.

They *******ely released something that is bound to be worth buying off the marketplace. I mean, it's Doom, you can pay for it again. Kinda how the franchise works. **