Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

Nice work with GZDoom, too bad I can't play my wads

I tried posting some bugs in the GZDoom forums, but it wouldn't let me register. So anyway, I wanted to load up some of my old wads in GZDoom (Dark7mpk), but when I enter the level warp cheat command (IDCLEV) the game crashed when it tried to load up the map and kicked me to desktop with an "send error report message" box. I then reverted back to GZDoom 1.0.24 (working version). GZDoom 1.0.30 also crashes badly on Tormentor's UTNT megawad too.

Any ideas?

Jim Rainer said:

Update to the newest version of GZDoom maybe?

1.0.30 is the newest version of GZdoom.

Of the bugs I know about, one will certainly cause a crash as you enter a level if you have any actor translations set up. Not all actor translations do it, but some certainly do.

Also, there is a problem with warping flats. If you don't have shaders for warping enabled, you may also get a crash.

Both of these issues have been fixed and are waiting for a new release as and when Graf is able to get one sorted out (current Zdoom developments are making that unlikely in the immediate future). :(

bryant robinson said:

I tried posting some bugs in the GZDoom forums, but it wouldn't let me register. So anyway, I wanted to load up some of my old wads in GZDoom (Dark7mpk), but when I enter the level warp cheat command (IDCLEV) the game crashed when it tried to load up the map and kicked me to desktop with an "send error report message" box. I then reverted back to GZDoom 1.0.24 (working version). GZDoom 1.0.30 also crashes badly on Tormentor's UTNT megawad too.

Any ideas?

If you get crashes please report them at the GZDoom Bugs forum. Please give the name of the WAD, steps to reproduce and attach the crash report.

Unfortunately there have been considerable changes in ZDoom's low level code which required extensive rewrite of the GL interface code. Problems are inevitable in such a situation and the more feedback I get the faster they can be resolved.

You can also try intermediate versions. They are still on the server. Just use the 1.0.30 link and change the last 2 digits and you should be able to get everything post 1.0.24.

The WAD seems to be gone from /idgames. I can't find it anywhere so unfortunately I can't check this crash.

EDIT: Found an older version. The script for the first map contains:

CreateTranslation (8, 112:127=152:159);
	for (int i = 1; i <= 16; ++i)
	{
		Thing_SetTranslation (i, i);
	}

This will definitely crash in 1.0.30.