Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Do you DM?

Do you DM?

I was gonna do a poll, but I see doomworld is renegade and doesn't like polls.

1. Did you DM in the last five days?
2. How many times did you DM in the last month?
3. Did you DM in the past two weeks?
4. Do you DM regularly?
5. Do you go through DM cycles--where you DM regularly for awhile, and then don't for an extended period of time?

Is Doom DM dead?

Is voter fraud the reason for Hilary Clinton's win?

I'm pretty sure he means DeathMatch.

1. No.
2. Three times.
3. Yes.
4. Used to, but not at the moment.
5. Unfortunately, yes.

1. 0
2. 0
3. 0
4. No
5. Yes. Unless you're really anal about your skills that seems to be the norm.

No! DoomDM is a hell of fun, but the pool of Dm-games is so vast... one can get sidetracked - even lost *he, he*

Haven't deathmatched in Doom since 6-7 years. Last match was Doom2/Map01 - 3 players and fraglimit 100 if I remember correctly...
.. I got second.
Doom1/E1M1 is also a nice map to rip through - always hot battles with the rocket launcher around the little blue armor acid pit *he, he*

What's your fav. map to frag on in Doom1/Doom2 folks?

1. Yes
2. Probably 50+
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes I do, although taking a break hasn't happened in a little while, actually.

Deathmatch is pretty much all the Doom I play nowadays, apart from the occasional single player wad downloaded from the occasional /newstuff.

Xenaero said:

1. Yes
2. Probably 50+
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes I do, although taking a break hasn't happened in a little while, actually.

Deathmatch is pretty much all the Doom I play nowadays, apart from the occasional single player wad downloaded from the occasional /newstuff.

The reason I ask, is I love to make DM maps but there are only a small handful of people who play them regularly, so I am trying to see if there is any market for me to share them. I have tons of dm wads. If you want, I can send some along for your DMing pleasure. They are not detailed (meaning they look half finished) but they have been carefully crafted to play well.

What style DM maps do you play? With how many peeps?

Hellbent asked:
A bunch of questions.

1. No
2. 0
3. No
4. No
5. No

I doubt it.

Don't know. Are they using computerised voting machines?

Hellbent said:

Do you DM?

I was gonna do a poll, but I see doomworld is renegade and doesn't like polls.

1. Did you DM in the last five days?
2. How many times did you DM in the last month?
3. Did you DM in the past two weeks?
4. Do you DM regularly?
5. Do you go through DM cycles--where you DM regularly for awhile, and then don't for an extended period of time?

Is Doom DM dead?

Is voter fraud the reason for Hilary Clinton's win?

1. No
2. I didn't really keep count.
3. Yes.
4. See 5.
5. Yes.

Is Doom DM dead? Not at all.

Maybe, maybe not.

1. Yes.
2. 5 or more sessions/sittings.
3. Yes.
4. Definitely.
5. Sort-of, yes.

I don't believe it's dead, though others may have different ideas.

1. Yes.
2. 4, maybe 5 times.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.

Negatory. Doom DM is still fun to play.

Every once in a while, I get my non-doomer friends to play with me, guys who normally play CSS, CoD4, Gears of war, halo, etc..

At first they bitched about the graphics.. then they started having fun... didn't hear much bitching after that. I think that says something about doom's DM. kekek.

No
Like...thirty times?
No
No
Mabye so. I haven't played long enough to devise an accurate answer.

What makes it appear dead if people still play it?

Yes?

Hellbent said:
The reason I ask, is I love to make DM maps but there are only a small handful of people who play them regularly, so I am trying to see if there is any market for me to share them.

It's best to map knowing you'll be playing the levels with others yourself, rather than other people possibly playing them.

myk said:

It's best to map knowing you'll be playing the levels with others yourself, rather than other people possibly playing them.

Well, here's the the thing. I map more because I enjoy than to play the maps. But I do play the maps, because I have a loyal following of .. uhh.. two people who regularly eat up my maps. So it's naturally occurred to me if they like my maps so much maybe there are other people who would be interested in playing them. Because I'd be happier if they were getting more widespread use than just three people, myself included. I guess it's best to just release them in megawads (which I'm in the process of doing). What do you think.

Those damn machines are a bigger threat to western democracy than global terrorism!
I'm changing my last answer to "Probably".

GreyGhost said:

Those damn machines are a bigger threat to western democracy than global terrorism!
I'm changing my last answer to "Probably".

They definitely are. I personally don't believe terrorism is nearly as bad as the government would *like* us to believe it is. It uses terrorism as a justification for violating privacy rights such as the Patriot Act and these new IDs they are trying to force on Americans which are a violation of privacy as well.

Anyway, back to the topic.

I'll take this opportunity to maybe generate some interest in Greenwar2.... Here's what the two folks who regularly DM in my maps had to say about one of my recent creations after they finished playing it (they weren't speaking to me, but to themselves; I was playing monopoly at the time.):

r: g g !
r: g wad!
r: brilliant, even
(HFR)Croesus: sheer f***in genius
r: yes
(HFR)Croesus: A++
r: A+ what a concept, what execution
r: a marvel
(HFR)Croesus: unique
r: innovative
r: breakthrough wad-making
(HFR)Croesus: i played it last night w/ Gro but didnt say anything cause i wanted to see ur opinion
r: ah
r: i got message from Gro, he's playing monopoly
(HFR)Croesus: out friggin standing

So if you are still DMing, then you should play my wads! :)
Although I guess I should upload them so people can play them, huh.

Hellbent said:

Do you DM?

I CTF actually.

I would if I had someone I know to play against and could figure out GZDoom's DM.

I far too lazy to get a source port specifically for DM purposes, so I just have fun with bots.

Ragnor said:
I would if I had someone I know to play against and could figure out GZDoom's DM.

If you can get past your laziness, you might as well use Skulltag, then, as it's a GZDoom-based client/server engine (thus you can just join servers where people are playing or can join).

1. No.
2. Maybe 3-4 on Skulltag.
3. Once
4. No, because there are no regular DM servers with people on them with ST.
5. I DM until I get bored, have other things to do, or the maps gets really retarded. Like Sonic DM.