Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ant

What's the best enhanced DOOM for...

dehack support, recorded demos, external PWADs (including sprites), etc. I want to replay my old DOOM II modifications (http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/files/doom2/j2doom/j2doom.html) that I made in the past, but I couldn't get them to work fully with jDoom.

I almost got my "Da Kills" to work fully, but it locked up in the same area (map 2) and it had some minor glitches. Jungle II was many glitches especially with sprites and layout. Are there other DOOM enhancements that work that uses 3D card like jDoom? I want pretty graphics and stuff. jDoom made me drooled.

Thank you in advance for a reply. :)

PrBoom for demo playback certainly, and it supports external wads including sprites, and has fair dehacked support. For eye candy you'll want something else though, legacy perhaps.

PrBoom for demo playback certainly, and it supports external wads including sprites, and has fair dehacked support. For eye candy you'll want something else though, legacy perhaps.

I tried prdoom and its GL. I still like the jDoom enhanced graphics. :( Oh well.

Actually ant, there are two versions of PRBoom: software and GL. You probably downloaded the GL version by mistake. I like software better. Not only does the software run faster (naturally), but the demo's it plays back run much faster than GL.
GLBoom has its share of problems. One of which is that the skies aren't drawn, so that when you go to a window and look out at the non-existent sky, the game is greatly slowed down.

Actually ant, there are two versions of PRBoom: software and GL. You probably downloaded the GL version by mistake. I like software better. Not only does the software run faster (naturally), but the demo's it plays back run much faster than GL.
GLBoom has its share of problems. One of which is that the skies aren't drawn, so that when you go to a window and look out at the non-existent sky, the game is greatly slowed down.

Heh, I can't go back to software mode after playing jDOOM :). I am basically replaying DOOM with jDOOM.

JDoom looks like shit, even doom2.exe looks better.

You, sir, are an ignorant ass.

If you want all that you won't get it.

ALL the 3d card enhance doom suck for stability. Don't know about prboom but on my system (win2k) crashes b4 startup. Jdoom is good until you start to use pwads.
Regular zdoom is your best bet for all of that. Try zdoomgl maybe.

JDOOM looks great except the large black borders around the sprites.

JDOOM looks great except the large black borders around the sprites.

Heh you can turn them off (?)

Any kind of blur effect makes doom look like crap, and since you cant turn blur off in jdoom, it sucks.