Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Seen it? How do you like it so far?

First thing:
Cameron (Summer Glau) as the "good" terminator. I've been a fan of her ever since I saw her as River Tam in Firefly. She is an excellent actress and I think she is perfect for this role. Honestly, it is kind of weird at first to think of her as a Terminator, being so used to the very robotic like Arnold Schwarzenegger, but it does make sense. John Connor is in his teens and it is less suspicious that he has a protector that looks more like a girlfriend than an old man that follows him everywhere when he goes to school.

Second:
Sarah Connor...her character is not right. I like how they made her the strict and concerned mother, but there's too much emotional connection in the show. In the movies she cared for John's survival, but I never felt anything more than that. So, it is kind of strange seeing her more "motherly".

Story:
Since it's early right now it's hard to tell how it's going to turn out but so far, so good. Nothing excellent, but it's decent and I'm curious as to how it's going to turn out.

---------
In other t.v. news: Anyone waiting for the return of Jericho?!?!

I thought it was awful. It's off-canon, off-logic (and I mean terminator universe logic), poorly directed, and just overal off-base. I will not be watching any more of it.

T3 is off canon so anything contradicting it can only be better! :D

Too bad that I won't be able to see it for some time to come... :(

The whole plot synopsis is interesting, but I had to laugh at some of the acting. The terminators in particular made me lol during the fight scenes.

And Sarah is nothing like she was from T2.

Graf Zahl said:

T3 is off canon so anything contradicting it can only be better! :D

And the original movie is the only one that comes close to being totally watertight with the various paradox pitfalls that always exist in time-travel scenarios. Even though T2 is a cracking movie.

However, I'm looking forward to seeing this. And yeah Summer Glau being in it will, I hope, be very interesting. I thought she was great in Firefly and even better when she finally got to do her stuff near the end of the series and, of course, in Serenity.

I'm not going to bother watching this. I loved the first and second terminator movies, but now they are just beating a dead horse.

Ralphis said:

I'd rather be watching American Gladiators every night

Also how can T3 be off canon

Not trying to stray off topic but AG is very good I'm glad they brought it back.

Belial said:

Because Judgment Day never happened.

Not yet, it's inevitable according to Arnie.

Mike.Reiner
"but now they are just beating a dead horse."

Well put. The series went downhill after 3. Considering it dead is much more accurate.

I actually quite enjoyed it. actually by the end of T2 you see sarah connor becoming more motherly. remember she had been seperated from him for a while and pretty much fucked up by the mental hospital. I don't think canon really matters when your dealing with time travel. any new traveller will make changes in the timeline, even judgement day is inevitable.

and if you really want to say that they are beating a dead horse, then you probably won't like Terminator: Salvation.

The series is "coming soon" to Australian TV - I'll have to reserve judgement for now.

Belial said:

Because Judgment Day never happened.

Are we talking about the same movie? I seem to recall John Connor and Kate Brewster in an abandoned Cold War era bunker while outside there's the mother of all fireworks displays going on.

Let me guess, John Connor, who was about 12 or so in the late 80's, is now about 18 in 2008, with lots of loving closeups of his Nokia phone, Sony TV, windows PC and Chevy SUV

deathbringer said:
Let me guess, John Connor, who was about 12 or so in the late 80's, is now about 18 in 2008, with lots of loving closeups of his Nokia phone, Sony TV, windows PC and Chevy SUV

Hell, it wouldn't suprise me if there was an episode where John Conner has his own myspace which is used by a terminator to track him down.

deathbringer said:

Actually the first episode takes place in 1999. The year it takes place changes but saying how would be spoiler.

Claiming that Judgment Day was averted due to the events of T2 is a naive view of causality. The Terminator being crushed and leaving behind the chips from his head lead to a causal loop in which the technology of Skynet was used to design Skynet itself. However, before this event corrupted the timeline, there must have been another pure chain of events which lead to its creation. When they destroyed the chips and Arnie melted himself in the lava, it destroyed the causal loop (at least in their current timeline) and restored causality to its previous state. So now Skynet will just have to be invented the hard way, as it was "originally."

If you're confused, join the crowd. But to me, it makes sense. In a four-dimensional sort of way.

Whatever.

The thing I didn't like about T3 was that it totally contradicted the 'The future is not set' motto of the first two films. Same with your reasoning.

deathbringer said:

It's funny, because there's actually a scene in the second episode that includes Vista prominently.

Quasar said:

Claiming that Judgment Day was averted due to the events of T2 is a naive view of causality.

Claiming that it wasn't averted is a view contradictive to Cameron's.

GreyGhost said:

I seem to recall John Connor and Kate Brewster in an abandoned Cold War era bunker while outside there's the mother of all fireworks displays going on.

I seem to recall that the ending of T2 means T3 never happened as far as canon goes.

I suppose, but then he doesn't have creative control over the franchise any more either. Things always get fucked up when other people take over, especially when they're just churning things out for money. I was just explaining how I feel there's a logical (albeit twisted and in the realm of extreme theoretical musings) way for Skynet to still exist despite what happened in T2 :)

Belial said:

I seem to recall that the ending of T2 means T3 never happened as far as canon goes.

actually the ending is quite vauge on that. them going down the road unsure of what the future holds isn't really saying judgement day never happened.

what quasar was mentioning about causality is quite true. the way I see it is that skynet would try to ensure it's creation and send the means of it's creation back, much in the way that future john connor sent back the means to ensure his "creation". this is kinda what happened in the non-canon, yet pretty awesome, robocop vs. terminator. according to that skynet became self aware after robocop hooked in to the main frame. to ensure this would happen the system sent back three terminators to stop a resistance fighter from preventing the event. it ends up with the terminators wrecking robocop and focibly hooking him up to skynet.

Just in case you guys didn't know...the producers mentioned that T:tSCC is actually an alternate timeline of the Terminator story. So, T:tSCC is not likely canon.

this is kinda what happened in the non-canon, yet pretty awesome, robocop vs. terminator. according to that skynet became self aware after robocop hooked in to the main frame. to ensure this would happen the system sent back three terminators to stop a resistance fighter from preventing the event. it ends up with the terminators wrecking robocop and focibly hooking him up to skynet.

There was a film?? i thought it was just a game on the Megadrive. Used to have hours of fun with it

Robocop vs Terminator was a comic book series published by Black Horse, the same people as Aliens vs Predator.

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles?!!!

There is a TV show about The Terminator and i have never heard about it!
And a new movie as well?!!

Shit i have no idea whats happening around my :(

Quasar said:

Claiming that Judgment Day was averted due to the events of T2 is a naive view of causality. The Terminator being crushed and leaving behind the chips from his head lead to a causal loop in which the technology of Skynet was used to design Skynet itself. However, before this event corrupted the timeline, there must have been another pure chain of events which lead to its creation. When they destroyed the chips and Arnie melted himself in the lava, it destroyed the causal loop (at least in their current timeline) and restored causality to its previous state. So now Skynet will just have to be invented the hard way, as it was "originally."

If you're confused, join the crowd. But to me, it makes sense. In a four-dimensional sort of way.

You're forgetting the destruction of not only Miles Dyson, but all of his work. So no, "causality" actually was not actually restored.