Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

How'd you want Doom IV to be

I want it to be EXACTLY like doom2, maybe 2 new monsters and new levels and story! Same graphics absolutely. Thats all, thanks!:)

The things that were so great about about Doom and Quake was the speed you could run, the amount of enemies you were fighting and the levels... the levels in doom and quake weren't really meant to be real places, just cool places to fight.

The trouble with Doom3 and Quake 4 is that all the levels looked the same and weren't that fun to fight in. Also, I don't want the corpses of killed monsters to evaporate... that's just stupid. It's sad that modern games are so massive you can not wade through piles of bodies of monsters you have just killed.

And I'd like to see a new twist on the icon of sin.

Set pieces and cut-scenes can be a bit boring as well after the first time. What happened to just speed running through the game and taking the piss out of shortcuts. You can only get skilled so much when you can barely go past a walking pace, shooting monsters in cramp tech base corridors.

Afrer playing the suburbs map in freedoom, I think a cyberpunk world overrun by demons as the game begins is a good idea.While playing doom 3 and watching the news cast in the breakroom at the begining of the game, I found the doom 3 world cyberpunk.

KennyJC said:

And I'd like to see a new twist on the icon of sin.

I second that, and I was so disappointed to not see a Spiderdemon. (Not counting the crappy looking spiderchick, Vagary or w/e) I remember when I first saw that concept picture of the Spiderdemon coming through the mist. That was soooo badass.

Lets also make sure that the shotty seargent isn't the most dangerous monster in the game!

Arch-Valentine said:

Lets also make sure that the shotty seargent isn't the most dangerous monster in the game!

Once I got rid of most eyecandy just to have some fps, I was able to take easy care of the shotty seargents.

Hell on Earth *******ely. Bring back the original spiders, more Cacos, some nightmare creatures (invisible cousins ie. spectres and nightmare imps) true Cyberdemon/Baron/Knight hierarchy. While I really didn't think Doom 3s levels were that bad (you're on a space station on another world that has a hostile environment, every room isn't going to be like your high school gymnasium), open levels like Plutonia 29 would be great too. I mean you are on Earth now.

No, no I get it now! Doom 3/RoE was a Prequel to doom/doom2. Of course, the UAC and earth Governments covered up the mars incidents, which eventually lead to hell on earth.

When Final Doom Came out, I was honestly dissapointed that it wasn't about mopping up the remaining demons on earth after the Icon was destroyed. Perhaps that should be the setup for Doom 4.

For some reason I just thought of Men in Black 1, where they first walk into the MIB HQ. You see man working with aliens to fight aliens.

Man working with hellspawn that got bored of torturing people for all eternity in Hell? Hmm the mind wonders...

Raikoh_Minamoto said:
I'd want to see more emphasis on puzzles and combat, and less emphasis on lighting.

fixed for ya.

Frankdude said:
Afrer playing the suburbs map in freedoom, I think a cyberpunk world overrun by demons as the game begins is a good idea.While playing doom 3 and watching the news cast in the breakroom at the begining of the game, I found the doom 3 world cyberpunk.

Hell to the yeah.

I really really like Doom III myself.

If Doom IV does come out I would like to see it take place some place other then mars.

Earth maybe. I dunno. I know that when Doom IV comes out I'm going to buy it.

I'd like to see at least one new weapon and some new monsters.

Maybe even some textures from Doom II and Final Doom.

Please, Id, just let Doom die? Doom 1 and 2 were classics and Doom 3 was simply, "meh". Who knows how badly Doom 4 would turn out, especially if it were outsourced to a different company.

I want to see the icon of sin as a huge full 3D last level boss chained to the walls and floor standing in a lake of lava. After 3 shots into its skull it gets free and tries to crush you.

Something like that.