Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeumReaper

What's behind your avatar?

I dropped the blue lost soul one when the custom avatars were available again in the hopes that someday I'd make my own unique one from scratch someday...

...then I was thinking, what's the meaning behind your avatar? I see some members like Enjay's moon thing or Graf's Ghostbusters logo; and never really knew what they meant to them.

Why did you choose the avatar that you use now? If you only have a default Doomworld one, why did you go with that one particularly?

Picked it when I registered. Thought it looked AWESOME and I love Heretic. :D Something about it just makes my heart beat just right. :D

While it has changed in the past, I like to remain with this one as it is the first one I've had.

Well, for a time, I used the Gargoyle avatar in a few incarnations for no particular reason. I've recently fashioned a fish for myself seeing as fish seem to be making a comeback. Funny, after I changed mine on a whim (I just wanted a fish) I started seeing more and more.

Originally and for a long time (from '99 to last year) I had an avatar based on a promotional DOOM screen shot, which had a Baron of hell on it, and which I uploaded when the BlazeBoard forums were started. I changed that for this green fireball (kind of related). Besides, I've often used the name "myk helnyte" (hell knight), which was another reason to choose the fireball. Also, green is my chosen color from childhood (or favorite color), and I still have a plush crocodile from back then, colored roughly like the Baron's fireball (a pale green).

I basically use the demon one cause most of the avatars here suck, plus for some odd reason pages 2 and 3 of the avatar list redirect me to page 4.

I'd tell you, but I don't want to break the first two rules of fish club...

Bashe said:

Metal Slug: great arcade game, or BEST arcade game?

*High Fives Bashe

Captain Red said:

I'd tell you, but I don't want to break the first two rules of fish club...

Isn't the second rule No Smoking?

My current one is an Aikido dude throwing someone. I'm somewhat interested in Aikido, though I don't train in it continuously, and my old avatar (a DDR arrow) got boring. I still play it, though.

I also had the Slackware logo for a short while due to my near-fanatical obsession with it.

my avatar is actually me. it was a picture taken on Halloween about 6 years ago. I did my vampire w/corpse paint thing. I messed around with it in PSP and animation workshop to give it the look and the flashing red eyes.

::edit:: here's the pic it came from. I rolled my eyes back when they took the pic for creepy effect

I used to have a spinning hourglass to tell me how long I had before I would say something stupid.

Ever since my webhost quit her site, I haven't bothered to replace it.

Edit: Someone was kind enough to do it for me.

Edit2: I don't remember what happened.

What avatar?

leileilol said:

do i have to explain?

Yes. I just assumed it was some kind of creepy thing going. (Speaking of creepy, let's NOT get Maes in here...)

I'm a cold war propaganda enthusiast whom many of his graphic work are based off of. I have since updated the old default sickle with this slightly detailed one.

And I bet all yah think I'm one of those commi-endorsing democrat obeying whiny kids.

Just a character I created to represent me in various internet activities :P. I suck at drawing though, so I made a sprite edit of him which is used as my avatar, in some shitty sprite comix I made, and some doom levels. However, my best friend and next door neighbor, drew the character for me when he saw my sprite. So, this is Kass.

VileSlay said:
I messed around with it in PSP and animation workshop to give it the look and the flashing red eyes.

You have had that avatar for as long as I've seen you post on the forums and I've noticed just now that you've pointed it out it's animated :0

Bashe said:

Metal Slug: great arcade game, or BEST arcade game?

BEST ARCADE GAME!

As for my avatar, it's an edited Megaman X sprite animation.

When the Killzone 2 trailer debuted, I was having fun freezing the trailer to look for messed up facial animations. Then I just took a screen capture of one of the frames and drew over it in MS Paint.

Mine's created from snow images within H2H-Xmas. No particular story behind it; I just made a bunch animated Doom-related avatars, and this is one of them.

Jodwin said:

desu~

Oh, there's an image associated with it? I hated that goddamn fad, at least it's over now...

MikeRS said:

Oh, there's an image associated with it? I hated that goddamn fad, at least it's over now... [/B]
in reply to what Jodwin said:
[b]desu~

Did I miss something? Since when is a rather boring Japanese copula a fad?

EDIT: nvm, Wikipedia + Google Images solves many problems.