Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Action Quake 2?

i was looking for action quake 2 and the link seems to be dead. does anyone have a copy, or know where i can still get it? the download here seems broken

EDIT: before its too late, i might add that if you dont have anything useful to say dont say it. dont turn this into an action doom thread, because that doesnt help me any

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=29855#

Try that, apparently it's the LTKTBM edition. I guess it adds a few new features, but it's compatible with previous Action Quake 2 versions. Never played Action Quake before, but I did enjoy the Qmarines Quake 2 mod, which added weapons from action quake, as well as the reload system and whatnot.

Edit: I just did some more poking around, and that's the only version I could find. All the original AQ2 downloads seem to be four-oh-foured at this point. I hope that version suits your needs.

My brother and I spent many hours playing AQ2, we particularly liked the dam level for sniping/knifing each other off the side.

Is it anything like Action Doom? I loved that so if its like Action Doom I might get it. I wish there were an Action Doom 2

It was THE tactical shooter mod before CS. The guy who made CS was a part of the team that made AQ2.

Never heard of Qmarines before, but it sounds similar to Single Player Action Quake 2. Equipped the players and the monsters with the AQ2 weapons, had the bleeding system, limited players to one special item, etc.. It was quite buggy, though. Playing single-player caused Q2 to crash when you died, and there were rumors of an unkillable Gear of Doom that popped up randomly.

HWGuy said:

It was THE tactical shooter mod before CS.

CS is tactical? I never experienced that. I just found it to be two teams of players that went against each other until all on one of the teams were dead, or the whimsical mission was completed. I'd say that the people who play Doom DM employ more tactics.

i have an interest for several reasons. the first being that i hate steam, and i dont want to play counter strike any more, but still like the genre, the second is that im looking for descent MD2 models for a gzdoom mod im making, and lastly, this is pretty damn fun, so AQ2 looks to be along the same lines

kristus said:

CS is tactical? I never experienced that. I just found it to be two teams of players that went against each other until all on one of the teams were dead, or the whimsical mission was completed. I'd say that the people who play Doom DM employ more tactics.

Then I take it you've never been on a winning CS team in your life. That, or you play iceworld.

Scuba Steve said:

Yeah, it's probably fun to play!

Heh, didn't the Action Quake guys go after you for making AD?

kristus said:

CS is tactical? I never experienced that. I just found it to be two teams of players that went against each other until all on one of the teams were dead...

...and sometimes they even kill players on the other side. lololololol

kristus said:

It's all in who you play with. If people actually play as a team, it gets very tactical.

Unfortunately, everybody wants to run around and do their own thing.

kristus said:

Go play your n00b games. Jumping up and down and calling eachother hacking faggots on de_dust2 for 5 hours a day every day is the pinnacle of tactical FPS gameplay.

HWGuy said:

Never heard of Qmarines before, but it sounds similar to Single Player Action Quake 2. Equipped the players and the monsters with the AQ2 weapons, had the bleeding system, limited players to one special item, etc.. It was quite buggy, though. Playing single-player caused Q2 to crash when you died, and there were rumors of an unkillable Gear of Doom that popped up randomly.

It was similar, I believed Qmarines used quite a few weapons from Action Quake. I don't believe it had bleeding, but you did have to sit down to use med kits, you were damaged very easily. The enemies dropped weapons such as mp5's and mossberg shotguns. No special items that I can recall though. Although it was pretty bug free, the only one I really found was that if you started reloading your shotgun, then grabbed a medkit and 100% health, it would cancel the reload sequence and do the heal sequence. Canceling the reload would add an extra shell to the magazine, but it wouldn't use up the medkit since you were at 100%. Hence you could load 100 shells into the shotgun and never have to go through the reload. It was the same with the revolver. Fun mod though, I thought it was really cool at the time due to the realistic weapons and whatnot. Didn't crash in single player after dying though, which was nice.

I haven't played online games for quite a while. The last game I really played online was TFC back in 08 or 09. We actually communicated with each other and worked together, it was pretty cool when it worked out. I still have fond memories of that game. Tried playing CS, but it was just spamming, and a complete lack of teamwork. And being accused of cheating because you killed someone. I had some really good times with day of defeat in it's early days, before they complete screwed over the recoil and aiming system. Yeah, realistic recoil is alright, but at least give an iron sights option so you can aim.