Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iori

Heath Ledger dead at 28

TDK is in post-production, but it'll be odd seeing a dead actor in a new movie.

Edit: it's even creepier considering the apartment he died in is a few blocks away from me. O_o

Hmm, suicide or overdose?

And does anyone else find it odd that he was living in an apartment owned by one of the Olsen twins?

Yeah,he was a great actor.I dunno what would drive someone to commit suicide when they have 3 kids to raise.I think that alone would stop me.

Just when I was starting to gain respect for him as an actor he up and dies. that sux. he looked like he was gonna be a good joker. too bad he wont get to see the fruits of his labors.

BTW, is it just me or are famous people just droppin dead all of a sudden. sir edmund hillary, maila nurmi (aka vampira), bobby fischer, suzanne pleshette, allan melvin (sam the butcher from the brady bunch), georgia frontiere (the owner of the st. louis rams), ernie holmes (part of the vaunted "steel curtain" defense from the pittsburg steelers), johnny podres (pitcher for the brooklyn dodgers), brad renfro, and now heath ledger.

Wow thats 10 people right there. If all of their deaths were pretty recent (I havent heard some of them), then I would say yeah they are dropping alright.

You mentioned Vampira on that list! :D Plan 9 From Outer Space is one of my favorite movies (sort of) so I find your mention of her recent death exciting.

But seriously! I don't think anybody could have seen Ledger's death coming. I was rather shocked on hearing it.

The family says it wasn't suicide and indicated that there were sleeping pills in the room, but thought they were unrelated to his death.

Really unfortunate. I liked him in 'Ten things I hate about you' and A Knights Tale. Never saw Brokeback.

This is odd considering that just a few hours before I heard about this I was reading an article about news sites preparing obituaries for celebs under 30 who live dangerous lifestyles, i.e. Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, etc. in case they croak.

I wouldn't have thought to place Heath Ledger in that category, and I'm sure the celebrity news sites didn't see this coming.

Huh. Only movie I saw him in was A Knight's Tale, which was a horrible abortion of a movie. Now I'm kind of sad I've never seen him in anything better.

Inferno said:

Wow thats 10 people right there. If all of their deaths were pretty recent (I havent heard some of them), then I would say yeah they are dropping alright.

Obviously, it's the rapture.

Haloless0320 said:

Yeah,he was a great actor.

Hold on now. It's a shame and all and he was in some decent films but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He was OK, but great? Nah.

VileSlay said:

BTW, is it just me or are famous people just droppin dead all of a sudden...

It's just you. Half of those famous people I haven't even heard of and 10 people in the space of a week or two? If being classed as famous means you've been on TV or done something so that a reasonable number of people know of you then there are thousands upon thousands of famous people. 10 dead is no biggie in the grand scheme of things. The machine will churn out 20 to replace them. It's just that you heard about and know of this particular 10. Worldwide a damn sight more than 10 people died whilst I was typing this.

Well, aren't you a 'big picture' kind of guy. Sure does a lot for your sense of compassion.

I would be amused if he popped up at the batman premiere like "lol jokes".

Who wants to make bets the WBC will make a big stink about this and say that "god smote him due to his performance in Brokeback Mountain" and then call hollywood "a city of sodom"? It's just like their style. I'm sure they'll even picket the funeral. Sick fuckers. </offtopic>

VileSlay said:

Just when I was starting to gain respect for him as an actor he up and dies. that sux. he looked like he was gonna be a good joker. too bad he wont get to see the fruits of his labors.

BTW, is it just me or are famous people just droppin dead all of a sudden. sir edmund hillary, maila nurmi (aka vampira), bobby fischer, suzanne pleshette, allan melvin (sam the butcher from the brady bunch), georgia frontiere (the owner of the st. louis rams), ernie holmes (part of the vaunted "steel curtain" defense from the pittsburg steelers), johnny podres (pitcher for the brooklyn dodgers), brad renfro, and now heath ledger.

I heard that they finished the dark knight before he died

deathbringer said:

Yes, they will:
http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/fliers/20080122_heath-ledger-brokeback-mountain.pdf

Ironically i bet that creates more of an outcry than thier protests at soldier's funerals

I hope it does, and I hope TMZ or whatever it does fucks their shit up, or Someone cleans Fred's clock. I'm tired of him already. he's like John Calvin if he was a douchebag.

Bucket said:

Well, aren't you a 'big picture' kind of guy. Sure does a lot for your sense of compassion.

Actually, I never understand why people piss and moan over dead celebs that have had a minimal impact on their lives. In fact I don't get the whole celeb obsession thing anyway.

Compassion? Sure, I feel very sorry for those he left behind and for those who are genuinely affected by his death. But every death is a loss to the people left behind. Hopes and dreams halted in an instant. Loved ones gone. Holes left in lives. Who gives a shit about them? Why do I need to show compassion just because we heard of Heath Ledger?

Heath Ledger - dead at 28? Yes, a real shame (I mean that), a young life and a lot of promise stopped right there. Impact on my life? I know it sounds harsh but, virtually nil. He had almost no impact on my life when he was alive and it would be hypocritical of me to wail and beat my forehead over his death. If I started doing that, where should I stop? Until I've mourned for every one who dies?

His death, and the death of any other celeb, is no more and no less significant than anyone else's. That was my point. Most deaths leave someone hurt, very hurt. And there have been countless thousands since Ledger died. Some of them will have been famous enough for someone who didn't know them to have heard of them. Does that make them any more important? I don't think so.

Truthfully though, a week from now, how much will Heath Ledger be on any of our minds? A damn sight less than it will be on those he really left behind. We'll just get on with our lives without giving his devastated family a second thought.

Lack of compassion? I just think it's realistic.

Let's hope this doesn't become yet another addition onto Enjay's title :p

Enjay has a point.

Down the road from now, unless you happen to have some connection with him, Ledger's death is not going to effect you. This goes with anyone that passes.

But now it will effect anyone emotionally who was a fan of him.

Yeah I'm gonna have to dissagree right there.

Yeah, his death doesn't effect me, but I don't go around sounding like an ass and being "realistic" about how much it doesn't effect me. I guess if you can't say anything nice about a dead guy of all people don't say anything at all. I don't like it when anyone dies.

At first I thought who the hell is that guy but now I remember he played in that movie "The Four Feathers" which I quite liked its probably the only movie I've seen from him.

Sucks that he died I liked his acting.