Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

Redstar WolfTC Released

I know I had just left a post about the Shelter.wad but I played through it and it needs some serious revamping.So I started on something else that is coming out Nicely.

http://a785.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/107/l_d366654ceb02be684bf9254f7f82e208.png

http://a600.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/87/l_18647510758d4aeb2685755fac6becef.png

http://a698.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/100/l_d0ce167e1b92b4ead26e476820c68af1.png

http://a62.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/91/l_c5713d1a989078d9731336fe6e353d0d.png

http://a540.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/l_a4cc2ad989df1485935c77c85d381e23.png

Pictures 1 and 3 I was using Wild weasel's WW2 weapons mod to test it out on GZdoom,the others are running through skulltag and I wanted to show off the Toilet,sink,and Urinal I made.And as I said it is turning out nicely but I keep getting the Sector _ is not closed.If anyone knows how to fix this without totally destroying the map I would be greatful.I intend on this being a megawad,level one is completed and level 2 is nearly done.By the time I'm done I'm going to redo the sprites,throw in the original wolfenstein weapons(If thats even a good Idea)and I want to put the wolf 3d soundtrack in there.Critisizm would be awesome :)

Looks neat and clean as a total conversion for Doom, and better yet, keeps the correct map size, making the Zombieman pistols finally a threat, but all this effort will inspire me to go back to Wolfenstein 3d and play one of its many mods, especially after having seen the sector-based furniture.

Some questions:

• Infighting?
  • Pushwalls?
  • Bosses?
Could be awesome if modded correctly. BUT I HOPE NOT TO SEE A TRACE OF DOOM IN IT (except commonlike graphics: guns, clips, rockets, medikits). Could be cool if it plays just like Wolf3d but it's still Doom and, as such, has height and some angle variation.

Keep it up, I like the screenshots.

EDIT: Offtopic, but I hope the Doom 3 guy doing his Wolf3d remake there comes back to his plans and does something like this too.

I like it, and I pretty much agree with what printz just said, bosses would be a very nice feature particularly.

And it's true, I think the more "non-doom" it is, the better a conversion.

Haloless0320 said:

t I keep getting the Sector _ is not closed.If anyone knows how to fix this without totally destroying the map I would be greatful.

Imagine a series of lines that form a circle but when viewed in an editor, do not form a circle. This is (usually ? ) due to the line(s) referencing the wrong sector.

Clear as mud ....

If a line within, say, sector 0 has referenced both its sidedefs to ,say, sector 1, you ( might ) will get the same.

I can check it for you if you wish.

there was a good wolfenstein level in The Ultimate Torment and Torture. i think if you went for a style like this, it would be much better.

EDIT: if this is for GZDoom, then i have a fairly descent ww2 weapons mod that you can use to make it a true TC. it would be nice to see some non-standard doom weapons included, and all the originals removed.

it might be better to utilize some of the resources from "return to castle wolfenstien" since it would look better

Just finished level 2 last night and I started on level 3.
Sorry BJ,the hero of this story is a russian soldier named Stukov.

This looks interesting. How many maps are you intending to make? I know you said you wanted it to be a megawad, but that could be anything from a handful of maps to a full 32.

The screenshots look very nice, but I think the first looks a little too bright. I agree with the others that the game should play similarly to Wolf3D, but with some Doom-style architecture (height variation, non-right-angled walls, etc). Using Wolfenstein's weapons sounds good, but you should probably throw in a few additional ones (with appropriate graphics that fit in with the rest, of course).

Haloless0320 said:

Just finished level 2 last night and I started on level 3.
Sorry BJ,the hero of this story is a russian soldier named Stukov.

Damn. I hope this will be as interesting as it looks.

Haloless0320 said:

Sorry BJ,the hero of this story is a russian soldier

Sweet. That was obvious for me to guess after seeing the words "red star" within the title of the mod. ;)

I'm convinced that this will turn out very interesting. Wish there could be more mods like this, both for the DOOM engine and the original Wolf engine.

Keep it up and don't quit.

printz said:

Some questions:

• Infighting?
  • Pushwalls?
  • Bosses?

Sorry I haven't answered this.
Infighting Yes(I'm pretty green when it comes to mapping and I have no clue how to do anything really awesome.Ex.I want to know how to put weather effects into a level like on Damnations Keep on TUTAT.)
Pushwalls No(If you know how to do this lemme know and I'll attempt to put them on there,I'll also try to get the doors to open to the side instead of going up.)
Bosses: I've worked on a few,Messed with the stats on wHacked and made them actually hard,they all have 3000 hp.(If anyone thinks it needs to be higher lemme know)

General Hausenmann replaced the Mancubus.
    Brahms Grosse replaced the Hell Knight
    Jens Grosse Replaced the Arachnotron
    General Horst Replaced the Revenant
    Colenal Krauser Replaced the Cyberdemon
http://a679.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/l_2e000d53cf4269a52de7f3ae9e4da58e.png
Map05-yardfight

http://a824.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/94/l_42b0854c04aea82ed46fc16b859eb3e7.png
Map02-Kennel

The stats are in russian,I was iffy about putting this in there.I used the face from wild weasels Stranger.wad.I Attempted to create my own face but in the end it looked like crap.Also you can see the shotgun replacement,the KAR 43 Infantry rifle.The next two show the Walther p-38 and the MP-40.

http://a444.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/l_38b1eb6378eae54c32b83a543aa4288b.png
Map-02 Kennels

http://a766.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_401e1b4c2f1baaa60660ec80afd3c4fd.png
Map03-Service Tunnels

http://a308.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/l_b27dfe7f0a38fd01b6143df388af512b.png
Map-03 Service Tunnels

http://a318.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_ce7d116c974f11d5f9544039e430b29d.png
Map-03 Service Tunnels

http://a505.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/80/l_c49c105fe3a1f76d85acd4fe5c0c1180.png
Map-03 Service Tunnels

http://a667.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/46/l_d6637b0c4b7c9fc4bd15799f272af89a.png
Map04-Garage/Loading Bay

http://a190.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/l_8db49cc13512024f30128876c022174d.png
Map04-Garage/Loading Bay

To the left is the Science officer.My first attempt at altering a sprite.One more thing,this is now a 32 level megawad instead of the original 15.

(EDIT)I meant the Right

DarkJedi188 said:

Sweet. That was obvious for me to guess after seeing the words "red star" within the title of the mod. ;)

I'm convinced that this will turn out very interesting. Wish there could be more mods like this, both for the DOOM engine and the original Wolf engine.

Keep it up and don't quit.

Glad you asked

http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/news.htm

Go here and it gives you a large list of wolf 3d mods.The wold 3d community has caught up with the doom community.I'd suggest getting
Operation Letzeter
Operation Winterstrum
Trench Warfare

If you map for a port like ZDoom or Eternity you can disable infighting (so enemies act indeed like Wolfenstein enemies), use polyobjects (pushwalls) and give bosses unique attacks. Infighting can be disabled, but not friendly damage among enemies, in Doom, however.

The face reminds me of John Grimm, and you didn't have to replace the pistol graphics, the Doom pistol is only that, just like the Wolf one.

lawl @ the Volkswagen

It looks really nice. You'd have to do something with the weapons and especially the assault rifle muzzle flash.

But I'll be glad to see it done.

Do you consider doing anything about enemies' firepower? In your screenshots I see some pistol-toters. By default Doom enemy pistols are extremely weak and inaccurate, and that makes no real sense when the wielder is a living human ordered to kill you (as opposed to being a drunk possessed zombie not knowing how to use a gun). Same as with infighting.

Haloless0320 said:

Glad you asked
http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/news.htm
Go here and it gives you a large list of wolf 3d mods.The wold 3d community has caught up with the doom community.I'd suggest getting
Operation Letzeter
Operation Winterstrum
Trench Warfare

Wow, thanks, I really do have a lot of catching up to do. The last time that I visited that community was in 2006.
And the last add-ons that I played were:
Spear Ressurection
End Of Destiny
Batman: The Wrath Of Mr.Freeze
Project: Totengraeber

And way back in December 2004 I uploaded my own 5-level add-on for Spear Of Destiny over there. It was called Twilight Nazi Chaos.

Oh yes, that brings back some sweet memories. :)
Well, anyways, I guess I'll try Operation: Winterstrum this weekend, and then gradually move on from there.

And glad to see so many new screenshots from you, BTW.

If you are intrested, i have weapon sprites from both the Macintosh and Jaguar ports of Wolfenstein 3D (they had diffrent higher resolution sprites). There are pros and cons of each set though:

1. The Mac weapons are very cartoony, but atleast they were made completly from scratch (using a very primitive paint program by the looks of it).

2. The Jaguar versions are less cartoony, however they use bits and pieces from Dooms weapons (however it is very well done). I prefer this over the Mac ones.

I think i also have just about 80% of all sprites and graphics related to Wolfenstein 3D ever made. Just ask.

Why do I always get so excited when I see a Wolf3D TC?

I feel like there were a few that I've been waiting for forever, but I can't remember the names or authors of any of them.

Ryathaen said:

Why do I always get so excited when I see a Wolf3D TC?

I feel like there were a few that I've been waiting for forever, but I can't remember the names or authors of any of them.

I working on one too, quietly on the side. And yeah, there's many of them but mine is a little diffrent. First off, it'll be based on Spear of Destiny (had more of a story in my opinion). And my goal is to recreate the look and feel of SoD as humanly possible with EDGE, but then on top of it add new features and special effects (such as new items, high-res weapons with two new ones, ambient sounds, high-quality music from the Mac port of Wolf3D, etc.). You wouldn't by any chance be intrested in re-creating the levels of Sod for Doom? There is a program that does that automatically but it doesn't convert the decorations or the dog food, so the levels still need to be edited with a Doom level editor afterwards too add in those things. I could use the ones Laz Rojas did, but he got a little too creative and added lifts and stairs which has no place in the original levels of SoD.

CeeJay said:

recreate the look and feel of SoD as humanly possible with EDGE

Good luck making the enemies' bullets not hit their allies.

printz said:

Good luck making the enemies' bullets not hit their allies.

By allies you mean other enemies? You are talking about "monster infighting"? That can (very easilly) be changed in EDGE. There are several codepointers for that.

Yep, their allies (sorry for improper use of word in the Nazi background). No, I'm not addressing the infighting, but bullets' behaviour of hitting any shootable target. In Wolf and similar 2d games the enemy bullets went through any other enemy and only hurt the player, making the game harder.

CeeJay said:

You wouldn't by any chance be intrested in re-creating the levels of Sod for Doom?

I actually don't even have SoD, unfortunately.

Ryathaen said:

I actually don't even have SoD, unfortunately.

But would you be intrested if you had a copy of it? Or, if you just had the levels converted to Doom format.

printz said:

Yep, their allies (sorry for improper use of word in the Nazi background). No, I'm not addressing the infighting, but bullets' behaviour of hitting any shootable target. In Wolf and similar 2d games the enemy bullets went through any other enemy and only hurt the player, making the game harder.

That may be the case but that is just plain silly. I would prefer if the bullets did not, mysteriously, pass through other enemies. Enemies in edge can be coded to:

A) Hold "no grudge", meaning they won't go after another enemy if shot at
B) No enemies target this enemy, meaning that enemies will avoid shooting this enemy.
C) Is loyal, disables enemies being hurt by their own kind.

If, by any chance, an enemy still accidentally shots another, it will not do any harm to that creature.

Trust me, the game will still be difficult enough. The enemies will be changed to have more accurate aswell and more powerful shots (same as players).

CeeJay said:

I would prefer if the bullets did not, mysteriously, pass through other enemies.

Why's so mysterious and strange? You can always suppose the enemies being supported with fire from the back. OK, to Doom's logic it would be more proper to just prevent the enemies from shooting on each other (if "friend" in front, don't attack and don't even open fire, that is go right to walking frame).

More screenshots,probably the last of them until I finish the wad.

An overturned russian truck

A little bit of sector lighting

The Imp Replacement,Nazi Flamenwaffen

I just thought this was a cool area

The Double barrel replacement,The H&K 43(Which is also what youre carrying)

all of this is a rough draft.There are alot of things that I will more than likely change to make the game look better.For example the guns.I pretty much just put those on there to get a basic Idea of what the guns will look like.As soon as I get a better program to apply some detail I'll fix them;because right now I'm using shitty MSpaint.As of now I've got these maps done near completion.
Map01:Holding cells,Bunkers
Map02:Kennel,Handler's Quarters
Map03:The service tunnels/Sewers
Map04:The garage,Armory
Map05:The Yard Fight;Boss:Brahms Grosse
Map06:Southern road(25%)

The bosses will be harder.Ex.Brahms Grosse(Mancubus)won't die after 3 ssg blasts,I jacked his Health up to 3000.The SS nazi's in black are fast.(To emulate the White SS Gaurds from Wolf3d)The Nazi Flamenwaffen needs alot of work.I used the Grenade Nazi from Operation rhinegold so if he is attacked by one of the other nazi's he will continue to face you but he will start firing at them.

But now I have a question or two.
I need a better art program,at least some suggestions
I need help gathering all of the wolf music and instructions how to put them into the game.Right now I have 3 songs from wolf but they dont start until map 4.
Should the Plasma Rifle be replaced with a Chaingun or a Flamethrower?
Should the BFG be replaced with a Grenade or a Sniper rifle(Like CustomDiaz's Mauser)
The snow effect Or any weather effects for that matter,using the sector based snowfall is very aggrivating.
Hints on how to make the muzzle fire look less like a pre-schooler did it.
How do I get the bosses to drop the keys?

Suggestions,praise,hate mail,is appreciated

(EDIT)Sorry if the Screenshots look like crap,I had to go to a job interveiw so I was in a hurry.Also is there something I'm not doing right with whacked?I try to change the name of the enemies but it never works.

(If you know how to do this lemme know and I'll attempt to put them on there,I'll also try to get the doors to open to the side instead of going up.)

There is that boom effect to make "swinging" doors which is used in some Eternal maps. You could make the wall "vanish" (instantly go down to the floor) and have the "pushed back" wall behind it)

No, I'm not addressing the infighting, but bullets' behaviour of hitting any shootable target. In Wolf and similar 2d games the enemy bullets went through any other enemy and only hurt the player, making the game harder.

This has been a feature in EDGE for a while. I think the tag is "ALLY_GHOST" or something, and it makes attacks fired by any creature on a "side" pass through things on the same side

well after alot of thinking I have decided to replace the weapons.I wanted to get a genuine wolf3d feel but it doesnt seem like this is attainable unless a make this TC for Wolf3d itself.

MP-40

Walther P38

KAR 48

all of these are ripped from battlefield 1942.The H&K shotgun might get scrapped unless I can find a good graphic for it.