Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Doom plus (doom weapons/blance mod)

It was meant to be "Doom+.wad" but rapid share doesn't like the "+". and I like the name :)

it's a beta. if I think of (or someone can suggest) something better then maybe I'll change it when it I upload it to idgames

Hey, I think I remember this wad from a while back - weren't you calling it "Doom With Bits On" before? It's actually quite fun, and you've done a good job of maintaining the Doom feel instead of replacing it (like I and other weapon modders have done).

WildWeasel said:
Hey, I think I remember this wad from a while back - weren't you calling it "Doom With Bits On" before? It's actually quite fun, and you've done a good job of maintaining the Doom feel instead of replacing it (like I and other weapon modders have done).

That's the one! After quietly observing what the other modders where doing for a while I decided to have another crack at it. This is a cleaned up version with lots of bug fixes and useless stuff removed.

Nice job. :) Different gameplay every time, as the monsters, as far as I can tell, are randomly chosen (imp or gargoyle, for example).

Was it your intention to have the weapon that uses the rapid chaingun ammo (the alternative weapon, that reloads 7 bullets), require a click for each shot? Holding down the mouse button only lets the weapon fire once. Its ammo is also not displayed on the HUD bar.

One buggy thingie: shells that are dropped while in vertical transit (lifts) stay at their z-coordinates, so when the lift lowers, shells are floating.

scorpion said:
Was it your intention to have the weapon that uses the rapid chaingun ammo (the alternative weapon, that reloads 7 bullets), require a click for each shot? Holding down the mouse button only lets the weapon fire once. Its ammo is also not displayed on the HUD bar.

Yeah, it's supposed to be semi-automatic. I might make it a little faster though... as for the ammo, I tend not to use the HUD Bar in zdoom, so I never noticed. I'm not sure there's anything I could do about it other then suggesting using fullscreen.

scorpion said:
One buggy thingie: shells that are dropped while in vertical transit (lifts) stay at their z-coordinates, so when the lift lowers, shells are floating.

oh shoot. that's been a problem for so long I sort of stopped noticing :D if anyone has a way to fix this let me know.