Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Music to doom to

I asked this before, but i didn't get any responces.

What are some good bands, song, or cds you like to listen to while playing doom

some of mine:

NIN: Downward Spiral

Moby: Play (this works REALY well with Heretic)

The Crystal Method: Tweekend

Tool: Lateralus

aaaaaaand...

Rancid: Life won't wait

Tool: Lateralus

For doom? You're insane. That's one of the greatest albums in at least the last five years, but since half the album is practically silence it detracts from the dooming experience, in my opinion.

However, I admire your Tool fandom. I play Legacy deathmatches (Legacy rules) to Tool: Undertow myself.

Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar is a favourite when playing Episode 1... nice stress relief playin thru E1 with that album playing
EDIT: Lateralus with Doom? Like Liam said, too much silence for Doom. Another one I put on is Prodigy's Fat of the Land.

Oh yeah and I like to play Heretic to Queens of the Stone Age (the self titled album, not Rated R).

I don't have self titled yet. Rated R rocks hard though. Never tried it to Doom or Heretic, will have to give it a try.
EDIT: New QOTSA album coming out soon... and of course my lack of money which has meant that I can't get self titled will mean I can't get the new one either...

I don't have self titled yet. Rated R rocks hard though. Never tried it to Doom or Heretic, will have to give it a try.

Rated R is kind of offbeat for Doom, IMO. I was lucky enough to get a copy of the selftitle album from BestBuy (It was a bit overpriced, but definetely worth it).

I've seen self titled several times in the shops down here, but I never have the money to get it... someone wanna donate $30aus to me?

I've got Kyuss's And The Circus Leaves Town... that doesn't go too bad with Doom. Little bit slow but the faster sections more than make up for it.

CAKE!!!

Not for dooming. That's like squaredancing to pantera or something.

That's like squaredancing to pantera or something.

hahahaha. Speaking of which, Vulgar Display of Power and Reinventing The Steel go well with Doom

Obsolete by Fear Factory works well too.
*looks at amount of posts in this thread by me* I think I might just go write up a list of the ones I regularly use and paste them in here next time I'm online...

My personal fav is Pretty Hate Machine, and I think I've told that damn story enough so I won't tell it again.

Also, Alice in Chains is good (especialy since it sounds suspiciously like some of the Doom 2 songs). :)

Antichrist Superstar is a great album to listen to while playing Quake. A lot of the ambient sounds on the album fit in with Quake REALLY well. Heh, mayhap because both were worked on by Trent Reznor at aproximately the same time.

I played Nirvana's Unplugged album (their best) many times while playing MAP30, but the two don't relly go together.

I have to agree that Lateralus would be way to slow for Doom. Aenema might be better, though.

Also, tecno works for anyhting with action in it. Behold the Matrix soundtrack! B)

The only music I Doom too is either the PC MP3s or the PSX Doom music. If I really want some change (very seldom) I throw on MDFMK or KMFDM's Nihil.

The only music I Doom too is either the PC MP3s or the PSX Doom music. If I really want some change (very seldom) I throw on MDFMK or KMFDM's Nihil.

The PC mp3s rule

Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar is a favourite when playing Episode 1... nice stress relief playin thru E1 with that album playing
EDIT: Lateralus with Doom? Like Liam said, too much silence for Doom. Another one I put on is Prodigy's Fat of the Land.

Ok, i'll never listen to lateralus while playing doom again, but "the Grudge" is good for map 1.

I have Prodigy's "fat of the land", but it's not dooming material for me.

Also, tecno works for anyhting with action in it. Behold the Matrix soundtrack! B)

mmm...the matrix soundtrack...that has Marylin Manson AND the Deftones, which ARE NOT techno. Go out and buy Tweekend or Vegas by TCM.

Well, it depends on the level and theme as to what music to listen to, but usually any mid-era Das Ich (especially their movie soundtrack Das Innere Ich [which, btw, beats the shit out of anything like Quake soundtrack or PSX Doom soundtrack]) will do it. Before I discovered them, a good mix of tracks from Danzig 1 - Danzig 4 usually fit most Ultimate Doom themes. Earlier on I listened to Sepultura's Chaos A.D. album during E2 games. Fanatic's soundtracks and EPs also fit the mood really well.

Alice In Chain's Dirt does go well with Doom. Foo Fighter's self titled album also does a good job (if you skip the slow tracks like Big Me). Others include:
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Rage Against The Machine - any album (Evil Empire works best though, nice raw unrefined sounds seems to go well with Doom)
Regurgitator - Tu Plang (Aussie band, check out the music links in my sig to find their site. Perhaps a little bit slow to start off with but I find it good to play Doom to)
I'll post more if I think of any

whatever suits my fancy at any given time i'm playing doom, however skinny puppy seems to do the trick quite often.

DOOM's music.

YES.

prodigys fat of the land...

put Jilted Generation on, that's much more Doomy, all n all. Fat of the Land is more like Quake, imo.

I normally prefer Dooms music, but if it takes me...

Portishead, The Fluke, prodigy, William Orbit, Stretch 'n' Vern, Wildchild and Skunk Anansie.

Oh and when is someone gonna bring out a TC where we can shoot the fucking heads off of Boyzone, Steps the Spice Girls, Westlife, 5ive, and any other boy/girl band you'd care to mention?

I have to agree that Lateralus would be way to slow for Doom. Aenema might be better, though.

Nah, Aenima had a lot of 'intermission' tracks and one-two minute periods of noise too (Eulogy comes to mind). If you Doom to Tool make it Undertow. Go check out my map in UDM1, it's map14 and has Tool: Sober as the midi.

How could you guys forget Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik? I listened to that album ALL THE TIME while I was playing Half-Life: Counter Strike! It must be great for Doom!
BTW - Isn't it true that the original Doom can run in 640 KB memory?