Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlazinHitman

whacked2

ok so i downloaded whacked2 and i got no idea how to use it...all i want to edit it is the speed of the weapons in the original games like doom2 and plutonia. i tried opening the weapons tab and editing the shoot state number. i saved dat pacth and opened it with zdoom. but wenever i shoot nuthing happends the chaingun just pops up and goes back to the original gun...

i knoe this is a pretty noob question, but i honestly searched in almost evry doom forum and i couldnt find wut i wus lookin for. if any1 could post a link to a tutorial or another forum or simply just tell me how to do it it would be much apprciated.

Thanks

In Doom, each weapon has a set of states, like lowering, raising, ready to fire, firing, and the muzzle flash. Each of these states is simply a reference to a frame in the frame list where the animation should start. After a state has begun it's up to each frame to determine what the next frame. So changing the firing state number is going to make your chaingun's firing state reference an inappropriate frame, probably the frame of another weapon or possibly a monster or something...

To do what you want to do, you need to find the frames in the framelist that are used for the chaingun and shorten their delay property. Each frame takes a certain amount of tics before proceeding to the next frame. This is what you want to change. The lower the number, the faster is will go to the next frame. You can do this for any frame, but beware of what you change. The slightest goof-up can make it impossible to debug.

More generally, some interesting DeHackEd tutorials can be found here (although obviously the details of the interface will differ, since you are using the Windows version).

alrite thx that helped me, but i can only reduce the duration to 0. thats the minumum which is not that fast, is there any way to make it shoot any faster?

If you set the duration to 0, it will not even display the frame and hop to the next. If it's at a default value of say 4 or 5, bumping it down by 1 should do the trick if you're going for a weapon with reasonable speed. You will most likely want to change the duration of all the frames for the firing state so it is consistent and animates smoothly.

Also make sure you're decreasing the duration of the other frames in its firing animation, too, since it plays through all of them when it fires. (Unless you tell it to skip them by changing the Next Frame)