Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stickguy5000

Hell Station DEMO

Lower unpeg your doortraks two monsters are stuck in the large room with the lava, it needs better lighting and the map could be alot bigger its an very short map with boring gameplay.

dutch devil said:

Lower unpeg your doortraks two monsters are stuck in the large room with the lava, it needs better lighting and the map could be alot bigger its an very short map with boring gameplay.

that's not the actual game play i have much more rooms and alot bigger rooms i fixed the enemies and threw in alot more and alot more switch hunting...

It's good to see you starting a WAD, but what you've got now still needs a lot of work. I finished your map in less than 40 seconds with 100% kills and secrets. This level is nearly pointless. It needs to be longer and more engaging.
Here's a list of things you need to practice and add to the map:
1.Detailing. Your level does not need absurd levels of detail, but it currently looks pretty disorganized.
2.Texture Choice. The textures you selected need some type of middle texture since they don't look good side-by-side.
3.Gameplay. Your fights are disfunctional. The enemies are nearly powerless. Try adding some traps amd more dangerous fights to make the map more fun.
Take a look at this. It's your level with some changes. You can look at it to get an idea of some things you can do to improve. Try using similar techniques in continuing your project. I made this to help you out, so you have full ownership of it.

http://files.filefront.com/Hell+Station+Remixwad/;9634473;/fileinfo.html

This is still pretty basic, but it would be a map at least comparable to "Entryway" and would probably keep the audience interested enough to continue the levelset.

stickguy5000 said:

how do i get the huge red blob around hell station to leave

Change the background colour from Red to Light Blue (RGB properties of - Red=0, Green=255 & Blue=255) then crop the image so it's just a couple of pixels larger than the text.