Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esselfortium

Speedmapping

Hey, it's Mike. I'm the one that complained about how no one had ported BOOM to Mac. ;-)

I recently found out about Speedmapping, and I couldn't wait to compete on Saturday.

But now that I know that this week's Speedmapping is a "chain" style (work for 25 min. and pass the file to another person, work on another person's file for 25 min. and pass it on, and so on), I can't participate because some people will undoubtedly be doing BOOM maps, which I can't use. :-(

Also, where I live, Speedmapping takes place at midnight and I'll be too tired to make a good map.

Until someone ports prBOOM to Mac, I'm going to be running my own Speedmapping from my web site (resurrection666.8m.com), for only DOOM, DOOM II, Final DOOM, or Legacy. And yes, I will be participating, but I'll play by the rules. (I know this is unfair, but I am only doing this so I can compete without a copy of BOOM).

Visit my site, and learn about my new Legacy TC, Metal Gear Solid III, too!

By the way, my Speedmapping competition will begin at 8:00 PM (Eastern Time Zone) Saturday. Good luck, if you plan to participate in any Speedmapping comp.

Lament is right, unless the mac port is of a really old legacy version or something. Besides, usually the only Boom feature that people use is the fact that it can't get VPOs and HOMs.

Legacy can still get these (AFAIK even the latest version hasn't gotten rid of them), but the limit is raised a lot, so you shouldn't get a problem.