Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xit-vono

Official Demo Request Thread

myk said:

Given that both s205n546 and s207n516 work properly for me (I hadn't noted desynchs back when Donce released the pack, and just double checked those two), it seems to be the case.

Then it looks like it is OS dependent. I recorded them on win98, and myk also uses the same IIRC.

Donce said:
Then it looks like it is OS dependent. I recorded them on win98, and myk also uses the same IIRC.

I think these practically always desynch on Windows XP, and occasionally even on some Windows 98 systems (at least under certain circumstances). There was a discussion about h2322437 where a handful of people noted their experiences trying to get it to synch on Windows 9x, but I can't find where that thread (if it was on a forum) is.

EDIT: Here's something. Perhaps most of the discussion was on IRC or even on the "demopack" forum.

I know that I should make. It should write the special version of doom+ which will print magic spechit number for your situation (wad, OS, memory, etc) and to add an ability to use it with prb+ like:
glboom-plus -magic 123456 -playdemo your_nice_demo_with_overflow

I'd pretty interested in seeing a speed and/or max run of Esselmap (without just hopping the nukage pit...I know it's not wide enough). It's got lots of secret stuff, so a max run would be nice to watch. Yeah, yeah, it's my level, but that's why I'm interested. I've played it myself a billion times and I've gotten feedback from people who have played it, but I'd like to actually watch because I'm just weird like that. ;p

If anyone wants to try it, that'd be cool. :)

esselfortium said:
I'd pretty interested in seeing a speed and/or max run of Esselmap (without just hopping the nukage pit...I know it's not wide enough)

Guess again... :-)))
(See the "Misc. Demos" thread)

Well, I think I'll open up another speedrun request thread. I've got some more ideas for what I can do, but I'd like to hear what others would like to see. I'm primarily interested in requests for compet-n runs, but I'm willing to consider other wads, especially something like scythe, ksutra, darken etc. and of course Heretic.

Note by moderator: Do not use this thread as a way to pimp your own wads. But feel free to use it to make suggestions and requests for demos that other people (not just Xit) might try to record.

Compet-N
- pl32 fanet : exciting to play, but I'm not a great speedrunner and dosbox doesn't work well for me so make it if you like it :P, of course it isn't classed but would be pretty entertaining (like 30fanet1).
-av27 uvmax (it's missing !)

Others :
-sc2-27 : a nice challenge isn't it ?

I don't know where you would get the idea that I'm just talking about UV speed here. I'm taking suggestions for all categories.

Well, it sounds to me like you're mostly interested in seeing some tyson demos. I'll look at the plutonia tables and see what I can do.

Well, it sounds to me like you're mostly interested in seeing some tyson demos. I'll look at the plutonia tables and see what I can do.

No
just see the empty hole in this level
and i think it's possible(with the berserks and enough bullets)

Ryback said:

I have an av27 :) Indeed it may even show up in this post soon. It's not Doom2.exe recorded though unfortunately.

I'll watch it today, it seems to be a nice time !

Mr.TF said:

pl32 is all about luck =(

I disagree, maybe I would make a pl32fanet with prboom or prboom+ this week (keyboarder) or the next week-end (with mouse), but nothing is sure... (mapping in priority).

Anyway av28 uvmax in the compet-n need to be optimized I think...

heretic e5m8 nightmare (vile gave it a try but couldnt get it)

I think I have a pl32fanet1 somewhere ... I did it during the LAN in norway...

VinceDSS said:

I think I have a pl32fanet1 somewhere ... I did it during the LAN in norway...

Share it there now !!! :D

Hitherto said:

Anyone can made nightmare analog of this demo? :P

Do you think anyone could stay alive on that platform surrounded by 6 fast/respawn mancubus? I don't think so :) Btw Adam Hegyi has recorded a demo (nightmare), in which he made the platform rise to the maximum, but of course he wasn't on that :).

>> Do you think anyone could stay alive on that platform surrounded by 6 fast/respawn mancubus?

Sorry, my mistake. Of course I have in mind this demo (from outside of tower).

>> Btw Adam Hegyi has recorded a demo (nightmare), in which he made the platform rise to the maximum,

Where?

Okay guys. Here's your speedrunning challenge. Play map 07 on Nightmare. Raise that middle stair to its maximum height. With one more triggering of tag 667 after that, the stair won't be able to rise and will instead slowly sink back to its initial height. Just before it hits floor level again, grab your chance to climb up onto that middle platform and exit. The winner is the person who can do this all in the shortest time. Good luck.

>> the stair won't be able to rise and will instead slowly sink back to its initial height.

Wonder which funny port do this way...

Hm. I was pretty sure that's how it worked.

Edit: Okay, I tested, and you're right. I'm not sure why I thought it dropped down. I remember either testing this, or seeing this in a Ledmeister demo, but obviously I remember incorrectly. That sucks, because it would be a very cool goal to shoot for.

It probably drops down if the player is blocking the step's attempt to rise. That must be what I remember.

Or maybe the "wacky port" is Doom95, which is what I would have been using in the era my memories stem from.

Doom95 should behave like Doom2. The only difference that may affect demos between the two engines (other than the effects of memory overflows or VPOs) is the behavior of lost souls when they hit the floor. In level 7 there are no lost souls, so any demo recorded with Doom2 should play back fine in Doom95, and vice versa.