Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Arcane Doom

An idea : 'Stone Gardens', what do you think about this one ? :)

Vince have these : monolith, megalith (:P), stone liturgia, stone liturgy...

A name isn't really that important. A lot of famous games/ movies/ bands have terrible names. If it turns out not to be good people will come up with abbreviations or alternative names of there own. Like "Rambo" is really called Rambo but "First Blood". And "World of Warcraft" is a horrible name so people call it WoW. The same for AD&D, Child's Play, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Manic Street Preachers etc.

Just pick a name (you have already done that) and go from there.

Personally: I don't think it is wise to consult a community before picking a name. You'll just end up with a name that no-one really likes and everyone thinks they could have done better. It's better to pick one yourself since the maker is the only one how really knows rather or not if the name is fitting.

BTW:
@ K!r4:
Can you please remove my name from your signature; It's kinda awkward reading my full name on a forum. It's not like I'm someone important :-)

Of course, it has only been for to credit you :)
The website need some advertising now that the end is in sight :P

VinceDSS said:
jesus, that's getting confusing :)

Glad you found it!

Title : Jesus, that's getting confusing
File: JESUS.WAD

Ruins of Lamentation is still a good name, if used music resembles Doom2's D_COUNTD and D_DOOM. What do you think?

The screenshots at the start make it look like a fantasy universe. Because of this, it would have been great if indigenous monsters had been introduced, like evil wizards and dragons (Heretic has enemies like those, but I wouldn't recommend copying them). If it has wizards and secrets everywhere, then myk's suggested "ARCANE Doom" is best.

I hope the team will put a new, extremely tough boss, that will be more than an immobile head. Same as D'Sparil under Black Plague...

Yeah with dehacked we can make an epic boss similar to D'Sparil, it's pretty a good idea :D
But I think that our new monsters are enough so I don't want to see some indigenous monsters if we already have some nice new doomish monsters (who will soon have their own sprites for some)...
This aside, yeah finally Arcane Doom is a great name, it's easy and memorable, why not ? Vince ? :)

The Lag said:

round 3, heh:

Ultima Doom
Rocky Horror
Tombstones
Borobudur
Terra Mortis

Ignore me - I'll soon get bored and go somewhere else :-)

GreyGhost said:

Ultima Doom

I loved the Ultima VII serie ... I played it a LOT and I still play it once in a while... and probably is still my 2nd fave game.

So it sounds like a good title to me :D

I like Arcane Doom, Elegy, and Gehenna. Ultima, meaning last or the last syllable of a word, sounds like an arbitrary choice unless you're aiming for an association with the Ultima series.

myk joined the team and we also changed the title with his suggestion "Arcane Doom".

It didnt strike us at 1st, but with some more thoughts, it does make a lot of sense. It's short, simple and has a clear tie with medieval/gothic/magical notions.

VinceDSS said:

myk joined the team

Will he map, or merely do finishes?

I'm not entering the team due to lack of time, by the way.

printz >

it's ok, this project is in no hurry :D

btw, the barrels you recommended me are really great, but I do not know who to ask permission from ???

printz said:
Will he map, or merely do finishes?

For now I'm just helping with technical stuff (I think this is called "support" in the industry).

VinceDSS said:

btw, the barrels you recommended me are really great, but I do not know who to ask permission from ???

Essentially from Heretic and Doom 2 -- the Heretic source is shareware, and the mod is for Doom2.wad, so it would be okay. It'd also be useful to credit the wad authors the graphics came from.

But if I led the project I'd rather make my own versions, as no drawing proficiency is needed.