Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spiderdemon6669

A DOOMed Vision!!!!

Hey guys. Let me start off by saying that this is my first thread here.

Last night I had dreams about Doom. It's my most recent obsession, but it's nothing new since I've been a fan since 1996 (8yrs old at the time). When I woke up in the middle of the night, I had a really screwed up vision. Through my half-asleep mind, I invisioned A Doom console port made with Lobotomy's Slavedriver engine. All throughout the day I remembered having this vision and thought to myself, "What the fuck!!!"

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Johnsen have dreamed his alien vendetta map28 before hand if I remember correctly...

Spiderdemon6669 said:

I invisioned A Doom console port made with Lobotomy's Slavedriver engine. All throughout the day I remembered having this vision and thought to myself, "What the fuck!!!"

Must've suffered through the Saturn version of Doom. I feel for you.

I think Lobotomy had already folded by the time they made Saturn Doom, though.

That's funny, I had a looooooong dream about being stuck in the movie Devil's Rejects. I never ever dream scary things.

BJ Blazkowicz said:

I had a dream about Duke Nukem Forever once.

Turns out it was Doom 3.

Ooh how I hate wishful dreams like that, which have nothing to do with reality.

I once dreamt Doom despite the fact I hadn't been playing it for a long time, unlike the popular presumption that video games dreams are from addicted. Tell you what: Doom addicts don't exist; too much Doom and you're merely bored.

I've had a few Doom dreams, especially after long periods of playing the same map (a deathmatch map, for example).

I also suffered from a Duke Nukem 3D 'itch' of having to say, when taking a leak, "Aaah, much better".

I haven't had a Doom dream in a while. Usually I have them when I play Doom for many hours of one day before bed, since that's what's dominating my mind. I can't remember very many specifically, but they're generally really wierd.

I've had plenty of dreams about doom. I had a really neat one where I was the doom marine, fighting through a level, the architecture was simple doom fair, although it also had slopes in it, which at the time hadn't been done in zdoom. The opening area had a large pool with pillars and a fence around it, and there were heavy weapons dudes firing at me.The weapons were fun though, I had satchel charges, a mossberg 590, and a psg-1. I also had a really neat magnum, probably 10mm, like the one in perfect dark that fired three rounds at a time. I ended up killing a cyberdemon in a courtyard area and I felt really bad because as I turned around and detonated my satchel charges that I had thrown under him, he was crying. I play too much damn doom, and no you're not alone for having dreams about it.

i once dreamed of playing doom in a room full of screens where you run, doge, jump and shoot with a shotgun controller....i wish i could go back...>.>

I've dreamt about Cacodemons wandering about in the System Shock space station.

The only Doom related dream I still remember was like 10 years ago.

I had a dream that I was walking through Map 5 of Doom 2 (The waste tunnels), except it randomly got pitch black dark in parts, and the whole level was populated by cacodemons, and these weird spider creatures (not arachnitrons).

I've been having some Doom dreams lately which is interesting because i haven't really even played Doom in the past year or so. In those dreams i usually have a feeling i'm doing something evil/something i'm not supposed to do, think it's maybe because that's how i felt while secretly playing doom as a 7-year old, those were the days... ;)