Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Would you like to be Paranoid?

Paranoid is a 5-map Half-Life mod for GZDooM that features the textures, weapons, enemies, sounds, and other goodies from H-L. It is a work in progress, but you can get information and see screenshots at DooM Nexus.

That definitely looks impressive, but I think most of us can play Half-life in its original engine when we choose to.

There was a mod for Zdoom about 8-9 years ago featuring Half Life graphics called "Paranoia." Is this mod inspired by that one?

ReX said:

Paranoid

You're preaching to the paranoid converted. :-B
Love the screenshots.

I tried Paranoia when it first came out and hated it, but thats probably because i never used the health rechargers because i was "saving them for real emergencies". I re-played it more recently (well, early 2006 probably) and found it a lot of fun. Anyway this new one looks good, and with modern extended palettes and sprite scaling the graphics ought to look better and not so 'forced' as they where before. Though at least you tried to scale the enemies, the old Cacodemon Squad (heh, remember that?) demo used HL guys just shoved in, so they where like 15m tall, it was like fighting rampaging silver birches