Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Steeveeo

Best moments in boredom.

Hey all, I got bored one day (note thread title), and decided to use an old and not-so-heard-of game called Battlezone 2 and trick it out with some modding prowess of mine.

I made a small..."promotional" video, if you will, showing off the end result.

The only video editing tricks used here are a noise filter, a MultibandCompressor (these two are both used to make the static), a guassian camera blur, and an added wind sound at the end (which will be scripted into the game later). Overall, just some cinematic tweaks, all other effects are ingame itself (I did not use a single lensflare).

(I know the last part is pixellated, its just the damn youtube compression).

So, what are everyone else's Best Moments in Boredom? Anyone ever make a nuke in DooM?

One of my old EDGE mods had an uber weapon that was a pair of miniguns with a nuke launcher in the center. The nuke effect was much smaller than yours, but I was impressed with my results. :)

It should be compatible with the newest release, but I haven't tested it. I think Commandos! was made for 1.28.

It works, and I have to say, nice job you did with the DooM mininuke, looks nice wiping out several archies at once :P

Garry's Mod is basically this ten-fold and imo is a great "boredom game"

But I like almost any sandbox mod.

Heh, GMOD is for a game about, I think, 9 years newer than BZ2.

Plus, I dont really like the look and functionality of the Gmod nuke, the plume is too spherical and the shockwave too short.

I made a similar EDGE boredom weapon, you throw invisible projectiles that explode in lighting doing 1000 points of explosive damage (barrels/rockets do 128), which doesnt hurt or affect the player. It's fun to shoot it past weak enemies and watch them get blown towards you at the speed of light when it explodes behind them

I started Versus 1997 because I was bored and also was nostalgic. There's more info about it on my DW blog but here's a laser gun i did 2 days back

There should be a '11 years backwards timewarp' compo or similar where everyone is working with what was current at that time. A timewarp compo that doesn't suck that is (deat tried to run similar 2 years back but everyone whined that it doesn't involve new editors like doom builder. what children.)

leileilol said:

There should be a '11 years backwards timewarp' compo or similar where everyone is working with what was current at that time.

I don't see why does one have to imagine being oneself teleported back in time, to map for an old game in old ways. There are many people already mapping for Boom or even Doom(2).exe (with DoomBuilder I admit, so there is an exception), so there's no shame in modding for Quake 1, which is a rather great game, thanks to its real easy QuakeC modability.

leileilol, that awesome weapon is amazing.

Well then....in boredom......

And like before,
Makes no sense,
Never coming,
always leaving,
like before,
Hooked on substance,
digging deeper,
Can't reveal....
why we live well enough alone...........

And figure that out why don't you :P

darknation said:

molested as a child, were we?

Obviously not hard enough IMHO.

Well I can safely say that yes I was drunk last night and probably was molested to have made that comment in any circumstance. I'll quietly step aside now....