Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Hell_over_here part3 DEMO

Another very good hell over here episode. Looks nice and the monster placement is great too, well done!

Deeforce said:

Another very good hell over here episode. Looks nice and the monster placement is great too, well done!

Thanks. Oh! And here are the screens i was to lazy to put up last night:

EDIT: Hmmmmmmmm.....Does anybody ever visit this part pf the forum?

I visit every time there's a new post. Those are some pretty nice screens. I don't have my Doom 3 on the PC, but I imagine this is pretty good, anyway.

kristus said:

You suck at using the [img]tag.

Ok i guess i should do that more often then forcing you to load them even if you don't want to!

Its not just me by the way its also the hosting service.

Hell Over Here Part 3 ” is complete.

The author claims, that it was a hard work to do and because of the length of this level I can understand this: it is the largest episode of the „Hell Over Here“ series. To the level: it is well designed, but has a major flaw like some other nice designed Mods too: it seems to be monotonous, because of the look like. I think it is not a good idea to try to make maps that try as close to look like as Doom 3 maps, because in Doom 3 you have many of those AlphaLab-like-levels, so some other environments would be necessary to make a custom map more interesting, because AlphaLab-like-levels are enough included in Doom 3.

When I played the demo-version, I was looking forward to see some outdoor areas, because I thought that Hardcore_Gamer would just continue to create further on after the train-sequence. The demo-version was great, because the abidance in the base was not too long and therefore not monotonous.

But nevertheless, the map has some good fights to offer and maybe it is possible to change the textures to make it look more different in more rooms or adding stuff like water, slime, etc... As it is, it is a 3,5 of 5 stars map.

...And a flashlight would also be great... or there was one in the map and I wasn’t able to get it, because I use patch1.3.1 (I don’t like this patch, because of the shotgunshells...I will uninstall it later) or other things (I cheated to get the flashlight :-P)...

Thank you for your feedback:)

The map was suppose to go on after the train thing. But i changed it for a number of reasons. The whole hell over here saga has bin somewhat of way for me to learn some of the more hard functions of the Doom3 editor.
Like scripting and some mapping tricks. I will enjoy making more maps in the future:)

"I will enjoy making more maps in the future:)"

Juhu! Thats great. Good luck with creating, Marine!