Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caboose1408

Has anyone played every Doom game?

I've yet to finish all the Dr Sleep series from the Master Levels, and haven't started checking Hac X, the Lost Episodes of Doom and others less known.

I also didn't finish Plutonia, because I found it too monotonous to be worth completing.

Can't wait for Doom 6.

I've played every officially released doom game, everything by team tnt, the memento mori series, requiem, the HR series...etc.

But there are so many wads and levels out there, that it's near impossible to play all 1000+ of them.

so far i still haven't beaten plutonia (map 27 ^^) but after that then there all done, you know...if you don't count Hexen or Heretic.....or Strife >.<

It depends what you mean by 'every Doom game' I've played all of these, and consider my answer to be a literal 'yes':

- The Ultimate Doom
- Doom 2: Hell on Earth
- Plutonia, TNT
- Master Levels
- Doom 64
- Doom 3
- Doom 3: ROE
- Doom RPG
- (will edit in anything I might have forgotten here)

I haven't played a lot of the console ports that were made of Doom during the 90's that are pretty modified from the originals, and I never got to see the Doom 3 Alpha, which was fairly different from the finished product as well, but that's the closest things I can think of in terms of me not playing everything Doom related.

shit forgot Doom RPG, i still need to get a new phone for it. ok so thats plutonia and Doom RPG.

S!N said:

shit forgot Doom RPG, i still need to get a new phone for it. ok so thats plutonia and Doom RPG.

I forgot about that too, which means that it's the only official doom game I haven't played, since my phone isn't high tech enough to support it.

Coopersville said:

- (will edit in anything I might have forgotten here)

PS Doom?

I've played all the games in the Collector's Edition and the demo of Doom 3. Other than the Master Levels, I don't really plan on playing any of the other ones. Doom 64 just doesn't seem all that great, and I have the TC if I ever decide to play it, and Doom 3 seems pretty boring compared to the other Dooms.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the shareware version of E1 too.

But there are so many wads and levels out there, that it's near impossible to play all 1000+ of them.

I believe we're only talking about the officialy released by id games, not the fan-made ones.

Coopersville said:

Well isn't that just mostly Doom 1 and 2 levels?

Short answer is no, though.

yes but there are some diffs. like 8 exclusive Levels and a new monster called the Nightmare Spectre, but theres no Arch-vile (witch is ok by me >.<)

more at http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Sony_PlayStation

Ummm, doom, final doom, doom 2, ultimate doom, snes doom, 32x doom, playstation doom, doom 64, doom 2, doom 1/2 for gba, and doom 3. There's been so many ports it's hard to keep track though. The only one's worth anything are doom/final doom, doom 2, ultimate doom, and doom 64. Doom 3 has it's moments, but it never clicked with me. I've heard good things about psx doom, but I didn't play enough of it to really get a good feel of it.

-(Ultimate) Doom (PC, PSX, GBA, SNES, Mac demo)
-Doom 2 (PC, PSX, GBA)
-Final Doom (PC, PSX)
-Master Levels (PC, PSX)
-Doom 64 (on the N64, not just the mod)
-Lost Episodes add-on for Doom
-Heretic + Expansion
-Hexen + Expansion
-Strife
-Hacx
-Doom 3 + Expansion (and the Doom 3 alpha :-D)

Whenever I play Q3A my skin is Doom, Phobos or Crash.

I tried to play Doom RPG emulated but try to start a game crashed the emulator.

Shareware Doom 0.99 (UV)
Ultimate Doom (UV)
Doom2 (UV)
TNT (Not too rouch)
Plutonia (UV with cheating)
A.V. (Hurt me plenty)

Also a lot of other 3rd party WADS can't list them here.

Everything on UV (or UV equivalent)

-Ultimate Doom (PC, SNES, GBA)
-Doom2 (PC)
-Final Doom (TNT + Plutonia)
-Doom 64
-Doom 3 and ROE

I completed: Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Doom 3 and Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil. The first two are completed on UV, not the last two (but I'm sort-of in the process of doing so).

I guess you're not talking about all of the official commercial ports of the game, which was going to say I do own and have played. As a bonus to my collection I have most of the Japanese released counterparts as well.

And I'm pretty sure I've played all the games as well, having recently gotten Doom RPG to work (thanks to a hint I found in a dead topic on these very boards).

Edit:
Naked Snake said:

I tried to play Doom RPG emulated but try to start a game crashed the emulator. [/B]

If you haven't, try the Sony Ericsson SDK>WTK2>KToolbar>Create Project from JAD/JAR file. And if you have JAR but no JAD, you can create a JAD from said JAR with a program called JADMaker. This took me a hell of a long time to figure out, so I hope it helps.

I've played:

-The Ultimate Doom
-Doom II
-Final Doom
-PSX Doom
-GBA Doom I and II
-Doom 3
-Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil

Heretic, Hexen and Strife don't count here since they're not part of the Doom franchise.

I have played:

Doom
Ultimate Doom
Doom II
Master Levels
Final Doom
PSX Doom
PSX Final Doom
Doom 64
Saturn Doom
Jaguar Doom
32X Doom
SNES Doom
3DO Doom
GBA Doom
GBA Doom II
XBox Ultimate Doom
XBox Doom II
XBox Master Levels

Doom 3
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
XBox Doom 3
XBox Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil

rar!

Every DOOM PC game released
Every console DOOM port
DOOM RPG
DOOM 3 + expansions
DOOM 3 on the XBox
GBA DOOM/DOOM II
GP2X DOOM
PSP DOOM

Also, all the DOOM books except the lame DOOM movie adaptation.

Somwhere in 1993/1994 my parents bought their first computer. a 386DX 40mhz. My uncle was into "computer"-stuff, and gave me, a 7 year old, 4 floppy's containing Doom Shareware.
It took me about a week to figure out how pkunzip.exe works. And then... carnage!!! I always managed to finish E1M1, but E1M2 was simply to hard for me. But slowly i advanced...

I still remember the day I finally got to E1M8. It was so freaking exciting!!
And then suddenly this happened:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/a2/300px-Barons_of_Hell.png

I felt my heart beating in my throat, I was nearly pissing in my pants. But i did it! I killed those 2 demons!! Most exciting moment of gaming I have ever experienced.

And then when you advanced you would go down into a dark room where you die. I didn't understand that was the end of the episode. (I couldnt read English so the ending text looked like nonsense to me) I spent HOURS on that lvl finding the 'real' exit...

And that's the only Episode I have ever finished! I've recently begun with Doom2, but that's on hold for now because I have a SHITLOAD of megawads waiting for me! (I am new to this 'doom'-community)

I've played:

Ultimate Doom (PC, Mac, Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox)
Doom (GBA and SNES)
Doom 2 (PC, Mac, Xbox, GBA)
Final Doom (PSX and PC)
Doom 64
Doom 3
Doom 3 ROE

So far I have played,

-Ultimate Doom: I own
-Doom 2 : I own
-Final Doom I own
-Master Levels :Probobally never going to play
-Doom 64 :Waiting for it to come out on the Virtual Console
-Lost Episodes add-on for Doom: Probobally never going to play
-Hexen: Played only the demo
-Hacx: What?
-Doom 3: Want to play so fucking bad!

I remember getting DOOM the year it came out back when I was 5, and I usually got to E1M3 before dying. It was rare I got to E1M4, and the only time I made it to E1M5 back then, I had only around 1% health and I died as soon as I touched the acid lake.

Then of course, as I became older, I got better, and went on to play nearly every released, and unofficial DOOM game. (and of course, I've completed classic DOOM many times.

I've played every official DOOM game with the exception of DOOM RPG, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil.

I don't, however, intend to play every unnoficial .WAD file. I don't have 127 years left of my life.

Well,
I'm guessing I haven't played a lot, but those that I have:

Ultimate Doom,
Doom 2,
Doom 3,
Doom 3 ROE (I think.)

.. And that's it, I suppose. :P

Does Chex Quest count? That came packaged as a separate game so I suppose it should count.