Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thekiller901

The Five Bio Force Gun Prototypes

Although only five versions of the BFG exist, we here at the Union Aerospace Corporation’s Advanced Weapons Division have gone through countless different blueprints and design plans, the following are the only versions that have been built so far.

Fires a large blue ball of plasma capable of melting even the strongest of steel, but is big and bulky, has a nasty kickback and takes too long too reload.

Rapidly fires many small green and red ball of plasma and had a similar design as the 3.14, but was scrapped before it left the drawing board. However, before the blueprints could be destroyed, a civilian somehow got his hands on them and -- ignoring laws -- decided to build it. The civilian fixed the problem of the nasty kickback by giving it a new body. The barrel had been drastically changed and the solid stock replaced with a collapsible one making it a little less bulky. The collapsible stock acts like a shock absorber when locked in place, reducing pressure on the user’s shoulder. However when fired, half of the shots would miss the target completely, rendering it not cost-efficient, which is the reason why it was scrapped in the first place.

Combining the best of the 3.14 and the 2704 models; this one fires a large green ball of plasma capable of eliminating all targets within the 7.5M blast range. Unfortunately, due to an unavoidable flaw in the design, it takes too long from the time the trigger is pulled till the time it charges the shot and finally fires.

Although it still takes too long for it charge the shot and fire, it makes up for it by having no stock, and being a little more durable, compact, and lighter than previous models.

9000.D3
Currently the latest model out, it’s the most durable and lightest of them all and gives the user the option of firing four uncharged or one charged shot(s). At the core of the plasma ball is a microchip with sophisticated Friend or Foe technology that sends a charger beam at nearby targets, softening them before detonation. Anyone within 15M of the blast range is not likely to survive. The only problems with this model are if something were to destroy the microchip before detonation, it will result in a less then optimal explosion and over-charging a shot which will result in the weapon exploding and killing the user and anyone near them.

I dunno, make a weapons mod that replicates the behaviors of all these guns. some are kinda obvious, but to re-interpret the BFG900 would be kinda cool imo

Janitor said:

I dunno, make a weapons mod that replicates the behaviors of all these guns. some are kinda obvious, but to re-interpret the BFG900 would be kinda cool imo

Now this is just me thinking out loud (sense I have no Doom 3 modifying skills), but maybe someone should make a multiplayer level with all five of them in it.

Locke Carnelia said:

True enough.

It's not Bio Force Gun. It's the Big F***ing Gun.

The movie doesn't apply here!

I know the movie doesn't apply, but I like the idea of the BFG having a proper/official name. Although I do like the name 'Big F-in' Gun', it just seams like a nickname that a soldier (like Sarge) would give it.

thekiller901 said:

I know the movie doesn't apply, but I like the idea of the BFG having a proper/official name.

I don't like the "Bio Force" naming too much. Sounds like related to diseases.

printz said:

I don't like the "Bio Force" naming too much. Sounds like related to diseases.

You know, now that you’ve mentioned it, it does sound diseases related.

I've always liked to call the BFG humoristically "The Big Friendly Giant" :D it's the big friendly giant blast of plasma detergent to keep you alive when you really need to be. It's the green radioactive laundry detergent that every demon dreams of having, since it makes the room so clean and shining off them.