Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inferno

Happy Easter

Didn't think anyone one post this, heh.

But now that you've done it, I agree: Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates, and even to those who couldn't care less. 'Tis a good day.

It snowed where i lived. When i was young easter would always be hot and you'd get melted chocolate all over the Sierra's seats

Yea, let us pray and be merry for this day marks the savior's grace, that hid Saint Peter's eggs from the Romans!

Happy birthday, Zombie Jesus!

We had an egg hunt at work today. I got one. Go me.

Baron O' Hell said:

That would be Christmas.

No, Christmas would be non-zombie Jesus.

I celebrated the equinox by trying to balance eggs. The shitty safeway eggs are all pointy though.

I tried to celebrate easter at about 11pm with my wife. No luck.

At least I still have my dignity. And money. And job. Et cetera.

Danarchy said:

I celebrated the equinox

I'd never, ever celebrate obvious, natural events.

I'm not celebrating Easter, though.

printz said:

You don't celebrate birthdays? I don't really see what's wrong with celebrating the equinox or whatever. It could even be seen as slightly better than wanking about on, for example, a basically randomly chosen date that happens to be seen as when the birth of a nonexistant savior occurred, though even that is nicely timed to happen around the winter solstice. OH NO, OBVIOUS NATURAL EVENTS!

Any and every human celebration is arbitrary if you apply some kind of standard to it. Birthdays? You're alive every day of your life, why only celebrate that on the anniversary of your birth? It's just people being people.

Joe said:

You don't celebrate birthdays? I don't really see what's wrong with celebrating the equinox or whatever. It could even be seen as slightly better than wanking about on, for example, a basically randomly chosen date that happens to be seen as when the birth of a nonexistant savior occurred, though even that is nicely timed to happen around the winter solstice. OH NO, OBVIOUS NATURAL EVENTS!

Any and every human celebration is arbitrary if you apply some kind of standard to it. Birthdays? You're alive every day of your life, why only celebrate that on the anniversary of your birth? It's just people being people.

what he said...

most of the christain holidays are derived from heathen/pagan holidays. like easter, which comes from Ostara. it's the germanic celebration of the spring which honors the goddess Eostra (pronounced east-ra. coincidence?), which is the german form of the Vanir goddess Freya.

printz said:

I'm not celebrating Easter, though.

Obvious? Can you tell the length of days simply by gut?