Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[FLCL]PzkfW

A WIP wad for Legacy

A WIP for DooM Legacy. Takes full advantage of Legacy's 3D features to make multiple levels, allowing for quake1 style levels.

Also, uses Fragglescript to make your experience even more unique.

Not the BS "1 3D floor and is now a Legacy Level", either.
Four of the levels are more than 10000 verticies.

For screenshots, go to:
http://panzerkampfwagenii.deviantart.com/gallery/scraps/

To try what's been done of the WAD, go to
http://rapidshare.com/files/41296827/DLTP-GR.zip.html

...or email me at PanzerkampfwageNIII@hotmail.com .

I might aswell say this as someone everually will anyway, It's possible it'll run for GZdoom aswell.

Ps Deviant art is horrible... using it is comparable to being fisted, in the ass, by Arnold Schwarzenegger, until you are dead. Ds

kristus said:

I might aswell say this as someone everually will anyway, It's possible it'll run for GZdoom aswell.

Ps Deviant art is horrible... using it is comparable to being fisted, in the ass, by Arnold Schwarzenegger, until you are dead. Ds

It does work in GZDooM, but it's just too dark...
And some of the scripts won't work, but fortunatley they are the ones that didn't do much anyway.

The only reason I posted them on deviant art is because some people like screenshots before they download a WAD. And you don't have to register or anything to see them. Most people around me were too lazy to try the WAD before they saw some screenshots.

Well, Indecipherable Name, looks like you've got a nice wad there.

[FLCL]PzkfW said:
I just want people to look at the screenshots....

I'm not bothering watching anything on Deviant art.

Steeveeo said:

why do all the comp panels scroll?

Do they also scroll in Legacy?

The wad is for Legacy. It works in GZDooM, but its not as much fun. I'm assuming that you're using GZDooM, because you're asking me about legacy.
Legacy has scrolling left/right, so yes.

My gosh! From the looks of those screenshots, it looks like my computer will be in serious trouble if it tries to run that...

(But what the heck. I'm playing the beta anyway!)

judging by the amount of white lines in those doombuilder pics, a lot of time and effort has been put into this wad. im downloading now....wait....oh its finished! haha im off to play it now!

wewt! your a friggen hero! Exept I cant get it to work with my doom legacy.

When ever I try to run it on doom legacy, i get a error message that saids,

"z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 136 byes
Try to increase heap size using -mb parameter
(actual heap size : 20 Mb)

your best try would be doing exactly what doom legacy asks you to do:
increase it's heap size with the following commandline

legacy.exe -mb 32 -file mywad.wad
if that doesn't help,try increasing the '32' in that line.

yours,farhaven

Pzkfw is an awesome mapper, I have played his maps in the past and they look awesome. This one he made recently looks more advanced than the previous maps he showed me

OMG. GET A LIFE.

Oh. Too late. Maybe you can pick up the scraps of your life and start anew. But really, the effort put into this looks enormous. The only problem as of right now is the marine helmet thing. It doesn't work right in all resolutions and it's a nuisance. I haven't seen that done before though, so good work.

Which level is the tower? I wonder...

doom2day said:

OMG. GET A LIFE.

Oh. Too late. Maybe you can pick up the scraps of your life and start anew. But really, the effort put into this looks enormous. The only problem as of right now is the marine helmet thing. It doesn't work right in all resolutions and it's a nuisance. I haven't seen that done before though, so good work.

Which level is the tower? I wonder...

Yeah, I play on the 1024 x 768, it should work in there, but if you want to remove it at any time, hit "j".

The tower is level 4.

o wow. A year later, I can't believe all the work I put into this, and how few people actually played it.

I tried to beat ZDooM and I lost.

gg.

no r/m for me.

[FLCL]PzkfW said:
o wow. A year later, I can't believe all the work I put into this, and how few people actually played it.

gg.

no r/m for me.

Well duh. People stopped using legacy a long time ago. It's buggy and out of date.

I'll take a look at this, since the download link is still there. It does look good.

[FLCL]PzkfW said:

gg.

no r/m for me.

How about actually finishing it before you start whining?

I cursory glance through the screenshots reveals that HOLY CRAP THAT'S INSANE!! I use Legacy if it's required (what else features actual 3-d sectors?) but otherwise I prefer Zdoom. The pics look awesome, but it also looks like it would be a serious strain on the comp! Even when I throw in a few simple 3-d floors it seems to slow it down a lot, but that's just crazy! Mad props on the detail and creativity though. I just might have to try it myself ;)