Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wonder if anyone here is either Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?

Personally I'm Pro-Choice since a woman has the right to choose for whatever happens in her body rather being owned by a external third party.

Pro-Choice. Looking back to what History has thaught us, does any Pro-Life really believes this is the one miraculous 'rule' to personal freedoms that won't be seen as barbaric to future societies?

Choice, but I can't understand why this is even a political issue. At this day in age wouldn't it be nice to say that a pivotal choice, such as whether to keep one's potential child, is the choice of the parents.

However amoral it might seem, we should all realize the consequences of trying to force a moral stance onto someone else; their personal experiences are rarely considered.

Restricting the woman at this point is stupid. The civilization(s) we live in is in-part responsible for the fact that abortions are necessary. Focusing on larger problems would have trickle-down results might stem the abortion rate.

Abortion should be looked at as an outcome of an imperfection in current society, IMO, and irrelevant as a political talking point.

Zaldron said:

Pro-Choice. Looking back to what History has thaught us, does any Pro-Life really believes this is the one miraculous 'rule' to personal freedoms that won't be seen as barbaric to future societies?

Are you kidding? Jesus will be back by then!

Pro-choice. Seriously, what's the big deal? If there's no other choice to save the mother's life and if the fetus is seriously screwed up, why bother saving it?

How about CHOICE? So that there are fewer homeless, abandoned, disowned children who were born as some sort of gruesome "mistake" of their parents.

From the mighty Chuck Schuldiner:

"Abortion, when it is needed
Execution, for those who deserve it
The giving and taking of life will always be
Altering the future"

I'm personally pro-choice. As most have said, it should be a choice, not forced, especially if the baby wouldn't survive or the woman wasn't planning on it (rape, etc.).

From a strictly legal perspective, choice. The government's already far overstepped its bounds on all these major issues, and even though it's a clear case that developing life is still life and could easily be tagged as murder and treated accordingly, there's just some things the government can't force on everybody. But from every practical purpose, life. Even though the government can't and shouldn't be the moral police on things like this, there's related issues that go far beyond law and need to be addressed by family, friends or even community on a personal level, and there you'll rarely ever find a need or even desire for an abortion.

But anyway, it's really only an issue for mothers to deal with on a practical level; the rest of us are just talking theory.

I pretty much feel the way Lut does, although I think there is a moral "safe zone" of less than or ~3 months into a pregnancy when you can have an abortion (morally). After that time, it gets riskier and a bit more iffy, but the option should be there.

I'm with fodders, only because i think at this point i'm secretly pro life.

While i'm not in the position to say that that is the solution for every situation, if i was faced with the choice I'd rather father a child than turn my back on the opportunity because it was a matter of inconvenience.

Choice.

Say if a girl thats, oh say... 17, gets raped by someone (assuming unprotected) she doesn't even know, why should she be forced to raise a child? And even if its to give it up for adoption, is it really fair for her to endure the labor while she still has to go to school and try to maintain a normal life?

Pro-choice. A woman should be allowed to chose what she does with what is in her own body, not the government or the Church.

I'm pro-choice. It's a difficult enough situation without having the government breathing down your neck about making an already emotional and personal decision.

Also, if it weren't for abortions, I wouldn't be alive.

Much like alcohol and drugs I view it as a combination of moral responsibility on the part of the mother and family, and reason on the part of the government. I'm pro-choice, because I don't think it's fair to bring a life into the world that isn't ready for it. However, I still believe that there is a level of responsibility involved; as in my family situation I could have easily been aborted and probably afforded my family a lot less hardship, but it still wouldn't have been the responsible thing to do.

It's so hard to say because no two families are exactly the same.

I'm generally pro-life, but from personal experience, sometimes abortion is really the only feasible option.

TimeOfTroll says,

I'm not pro-life. If people aren't ready to support and raise children, but are dumb enough to tempt life by having sex, then I would hope they'd have an abortion.

I don't believe in laws, but if anything should be illegal I think it should be procreation. There is no point in having children. It only leads to more death and dying. Before a child is even born, it's life will already inevitably end as a direct result of being created by it's parents. Not to mention that the planet that all of these babies are conceived on will inevitably cease to support life. Call me crazy, but that kinda sounds like a form of murder to me.

Children don't have a choice when it comes to being born. What happens if they're killed, or get a disease, or are depressed and would rather die than live, or they commit suicide or even kill others? Sometimes these things can't be stopped, no matter how good a parent someone tries to be.

So please, close your legs! :P

Lüt said:

From a strictly legal perspective, choice. The government's already far overstepped its bounds on all these major issues, and even though it's a clear case that developing life is still life and could easily be tagged as murder and treated accordingly, there's just some things the government can't force on everybody. But from every practical purpose, life. Even though the government can't and shouldn't be the moral police on things like this, there's related issues that go far beyond law and need to be addressed by family, friends or even community on a personal level, and there you'll rarely ever find a need or even desire for an abortion.

Quoted for truth.
I'm generally pro-life, but as far as the government's role, they need to take a hands-off approach. It's really not any of the government's business whether or not someone wants to have the baby their woman has been pregnant with.

skadoomer said:

I'm with fodders, only because i think at this point i'm secretly pro life.

While i'm not in the position to say that that is the solution for every situation, if i was faced with the choice I'd rather father a child than turn my back on the opportunity because it was a matter of inconvenience.

Opportunity? It's not exactly one of the harder things in life to come by unless you have some medical issue. I would hope my parents would wait until they can have me and NOT be inconvenienced.

Anyway, I know I'll never have kids. Don't need the poop and burden and stress and drama. However if cryogenics advance enough that I can freeze my brain and hope to be awakened in a Krang-like robot body someday, I will probably get me some posterity to look after said frozen brain.

Pro-education. Well educated women have fewer unplanned pregnancies and are better equipped to run their own lives - rendering choice/life debates irrelevant.

All of you trying to be witty with alternate pro-'thing' are simply avoiding the topic, even if you pose a valid concern. Is it just embarrasing to admit you're pro-life?

En/forcing life only cheapens it.

TimeOfDeath said:
I don't believe in laws, but if anything should be illegal I think it should be procreation. There is no point in having children. It only leads to more death and dying. Before a child is even born, it's life will already inevitably end as a direct result of being created by it's parents. Not to mention that the planet that all of these babies are conceived on will inevitably cease to support life. Call me crazy, but that kinda sounds like a form of murder to me.

As wise old Silenus advised the great king Minos long ago, the best for mortals is not to live; the second best, however, to die soon.

What you wrote does caricature what stringent anti-abortionists see of pro-choicers in general, when they get edgy.

Zaldron said:

All of you trying to be witty with alternate pro-'thing' are simply avoiding the topic, even if you pose a valid concern. Is it just embarrasing to admit you're pro-life?

Pro-choice - if only to avoid being mislabelled by a sweeping generalisation.