Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Virgil

I'm back (zdoom 2.0 ftw) [I require new boss sprites]

So yeah, the title pretty much sums it up, I've been absent from DOOM editing for some time, and with the release of ZDOOM 2.0, I'll be returning. I've got a new web host (http://Virgil.x10hosting.com/), am working on a side map or 2 while planning Claustrophobia 2 some more.

Which brings me to my main point. One of the main reasons I am holding off on Claust 2 is because of the bosses. I am by no means a good graphics/sprite artist (I fail stick figure art) and therefore do not possess the skill/talent to create original boss graphics. I require lots of new boss sprites, and I have very specific themes in mind, themes that you can't just splice together from already existing sprites...

If any of you think you can help me (or know someone who can) my e-mail is Virgil_32@hotmail.com.

If you could give more information about the theme you are aiming I think you could get more help. Also screens of your mod could give us a quick preview of the overall quality of the mod.

Sprite art demands a lot of work and patience, the more you put of your own, the more chances you have to get the attention of an artist.

At least for me, your post sounded more like you are giving artists the opportunity to work on your mod, instead of asking artists to help you on the wad you're working on.
Also sorry, I know that you aren't but the thread title sounded like something started by a n00b.

Vegeta said:

If you could give more information about the theme you are aiming I think you could get more help. Also screens of your mod could give us a quick preview of the overall quality of the mod.

Sprite art demands a lot of work and patience, the more you put of your own, the more chances you have to get the attention of an artist.

At least for me, your post sounded more like you are giving artists the opportunity to work on your mod, instead of asking artists to help you on the wad you're working on.
Also sorry, I know that you aren't but the thread title sounded like something started by a n00b.

The theme I am aiming for will be tech/space base, hell and a mix of the two, including perhaps a dash of medieval/gothic. Of course, that doesn't say much, because I will very likely be pulling textures out of at least 5 different resources...

Apologies, I had no intention of it being that kind of tone. I do not have any screenshots of Claust 2 at this point (and probably won't for quite some time), but if you want to see my past work, you are welcome to visit my site. I recommend trying Claustrophobia, The Last Seraphim, Ash to Ash and Dark Castle. Those will show you what kind of game design I am (or am not) capable of.

As this will be a sequel to Claustrophobia, that mod will provide a hint at what this mod will be. This sequel, however, will have plenty of room to maneuver (most of the time anyway)...